Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1193 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
I printed a cover for the the fender mount. I had originally covered it with vinyl which looked great... for about three rides at which point it looked like a$$ ;-)
How does this turn signal configuration look? I’ve always steered away from the integrated light because I didn’t feel like the turn signals were noticeable enough for the blind cagers.
This looks like it may be better, due to the triangular shape of the light housing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
How does this turn signal configuration look? I’ve always steered away from the integrated light because I didn’t feel like the turn signals were noticeable enough for the blind cagers.
This looks like it may be better, due to the triangular shape of the light housing.
I think the signals look good and clear, you can easily tell if it is blinking on the left or right side of the tail light and they are bright. There are a couple of turn signals options as well, standard blink, arrow blink and I think one other. The brake light also has options and I use one that strobes then goes on solid, it really catches your attention.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think the signals look good and clear, you can easily tell if it is blinking on the left or right side of the tail light and they are bright. There are a couple of turn signals options as well, standard blink, arrow blink and I think one other. The brake light also has options and I use one that strobes then goes on solid, it really catches your attention.
Thanks. I think I’ll buy one in a few weeks.

·
Registered
985 Posts

yeah I also have the TST integrated tail light and bought mine last year during black Friday and love it, I bought the clear one but after seeing how bright the smoked is, even brighter than OEM, I wish I would have bought the tinted.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I actually took a friend to look at bikes today (he wants to ride and be my riding buddy!). We went to multiple dealerships and he has his eye on a few. I eventually took him back to see my bike (Vert) and all I did with her today was crank her and allow him to get acclimated with the size and weight of the bike.

He will likely go with a supersport as he has a group of other friends that ride with mainly supersports.

While we were looking at bikes @ V1 Moto Houston, we saw my dream bike...the Panigale V4!!! I asked the rep to crank one for us, and he did. Have a look/listen (excuse my excited hollaring)!

VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/381746456

So much Yes! The V4R and V4, any of the Ducati V4's are awesome...also my dream bike, but Ducati's have always been my dream bikes, even though I owned a 2000 748R and loved it, but not the maintenance , all of them...although the 999 was the ugly duckling I did still like the 999R.

The worst thing about them is the maintenance...........the V4 valve adjustment like every 10-15k sucks. Was every 7500 miles on the older v-twins and the older ones like the 748 was notorious for having head issues with valve guides and etc. Massive job if you do it yourself.

But yes they sound amazing...and even more amazing when you are ripping through some corners listening to a Termignoni or Akrapovic high revving V-4 or v-twin echo back at you...amazing, and the way they ride..... :grin:

I have not had the chance to ride a Ducati v-4 yet....but I have rode plenty of the twins including the newer 1199 and 1299's....they are amazing bikes...but with the maintenance and the power and speed now(215 hp on the R).....I just cannot.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Installed Akrapovic header yesterday for a few more horsepower and .8 lbs less weight (I've dropped 21.15 lbs). Fun, easy install and the bike sounds great, definitely louder but also more substantial and meaty. Rode it today and there's definitely a bump in power, it's become such a little beastie, gets up to speed very quick and smooth. I think I might open up the airbox this weekend to get it some more air and see if that makes a difference with the Norton tune I have.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Might as well throw this out too, this is the relay I got to manage the LED blink rate. I was going to use the included resistors until I saw them, for $10 this is a better option. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011BTMDQM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yep I did the same thing, grabbed one of the relays off eBay shipped on the slow boat from China, only cost me $5 shipped....lol

Heard of some getting faulty ones, possibly a mixed bag of what you get with these?
I guess that is anything these days.....its all made in China anyway, the internals

TST makes a nice looking one that has their logo on the cover for like $15+ with Chinese internals, which you have to remove to adjust it, which I liked these style where you can adjust without removing anything and with the right flathead while on the bike, with the blinker on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep I did the same thing, grabbed one off eBay shipped on the slow boat from China, only cost me $5 shipped....lol

Heard of some getting faulty ones, possibly a mixed bag of what you get with these?
I guess that is anything these days.....its all made in China anyway, the internals
Yes exactly they’re all made over there, might be a bit more QC on the more expensive ones but not worth it for double the price.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had $20 credit at Sportbiketrackgear.com

I decided to get the Driven Halo Gas cap. Super easy install only took 2min. I know there are pros and cons to having a non locking gas cap. But I never park my bike in a place where I have to worry about such things. I like the convenience of not having to remove the key from the ignition to fill up...And of course I just had to get the cap in blue...LOL

CBC5DC9D-30D6-42FD-9B7F-112ECFA7EACD.jpg

53E7BDFB-C5E5-4F20-8B10-2C0015584C62.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Took off the oem brake discs screw to put some Titanium ones. 8grs each Vs 15 grs stock. Bought them over eBay for 30 euros for a pack of 10 screws 🙂
That's great, what size are the bolts, I'm looking on Ebay.
My pleasure to help

À découvrir sur eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/311892497786

Waiting to have some time to put on some ti sprocket hub studs I bought 50 euros, to tell you if it works or not. You can already go ahead for these brake screws they are fine

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Changed the oil and filter and tightened the chain. Previously I installed frame sliders. Makes me feel good working on the bike. I'm not mechanically inclined but feels good to be able to do basic maintenance by myself!

1141 - 1160 of 1193 Posts