Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1170 Posts

·
Administrator
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share what you did to your Kawasaki Ninja 400 with the community!

Example: Took my Kawasaki Ninja 400 in to service today for an oil change. Can't wait till she gets broken in.

Example: Gave my Ninja 400 a nice wash followed by a coat of wax for protection.

Example: installed a new windscreen and weighted bar ends. The windscreen makes a huge difference at higher speeds.

Anything goes....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Put new grips, bar ends, and levers on it. Made some modifications to reduce throttle play and tighten the controls up. I'll post a DIY in the next few days.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Today I drove my co-worker potty re-telling him for the umpteenth time my sorry saga of how I'm not getting a bike until the second shipment in March even though I ordered it mid November. As if the poor guy needed a re-fresher!

Rode it to work. It's sitting quietly waiting until I get to ride it home in a couple of hours.
OMG... your killing me... just stop, please.

Nothing because I still haven't received it. :crying:
I feel your pain :crying::crying: with interest!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Search for aftermarket mufflers for it, viewed too many videos of how much improved the 400 is over the 300, and raised my expectations much higher than I needed to for the moment...nothing actually as I haven't received it:sad:
Really bad thing is, the weather is to be in the 60's Tuesday and Wednesday next week and no 400 in sight.
hand on knee, chin in hand.....

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have purchased a dual toce exhaust, short bard racing ends, headlight dark black tint covers, a 160/60 battleax red tire, new smaller mirrors, racing clutch and brake levers "really needed" tst fender eliminator, custom led tail light and finally tst gp 2 race clip ons :) all had arrived though cant pick up the bike until the 24th but as soon as i pick up ill get into modding, now just need to find a black windshield that isnt 2x the size of the stock one :? attached is the tail light i have

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow that aftermarket tail light looks awesome. Would love to see it lit up at night, once you get everything installed later this month. I bet the 24th cant come soon enough, and I'm looking forward to seeing all of your mods. Is there a site in general that you used to find all these aftermarket pieces, or did you have to pull from all over?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wow that aftermarket tail light looks awesome. Would love to see it lit up at night, once you get everything installed later this month. I bet the 24th cant come soon enough, and I'm looking forward to seeing all of your mods. Is there a site in general that you used to find all these aftermarket pieces, or did you have to pull from all over?
exhaust I had to customise to fit and made my own baffle same goes for light covers, by light cover i mean tinting the bottom mini light on the fron, the tail light is a custom zx10r 2016 light found on ebay, the levers are normal ninja 300 race levers, the fender is from tst industries website, the rear tire I actually purchased months ago since i saw my friend selling it and has never been used, i got it of him for 40usd :) mirrors are ebay

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have purchased a dual toce exhaust, short bard racing ends, headlight dark black tint covers, a 160/60 battleax red tire, new smaller mirrors, racing clutch and brake levers "really needed" tst fender eliminator, custom led tail light and finally tst gp 2 race clip ons :) all had arrived though cant pick up the bike until the 24th but as soon as i pick up ill get into modding, now just need to find a black windshield that isnt 2x the size of the stock one :? attached is the tail light i have
I'm interested in the "smaller mirrors" you have. Do you have a link or a pic? Stock ones are too big and bulky in my opinion but haven't searched hard for new ones.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm interested in the "smaller mirrors" you have. Do you have a link or a pic? Stock ones are too big and bulky in my opinion but haven't searched hard for new ones.
ninja 400 uses same bracket as the ninja 300 so you can use any of the same mirrors, here's the ones I purchased

·
Registered
40 Posts
I loved this thread on the Ninja 300 forums and I look forward to reading about everyone's suggested mods as I get and start to customize mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I just got my bike Thursday and I’ve just been riding it around town, I absolutely love it... here’s a picture guys! I want carbon fiber exhausts and cages... lol a guy can dream. So I can upgrade the levers from a 300 ?

·
Registered
762 Posts
got mine this morning already put 200km on her :) also put my ninja 300's mirrors on and will put tail light mod on tomorrow but man oh man the photos make her look average compared to in person <3

·
Registered
84 Posts
1 - 20 of 1170 Posts