Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I was following behind my buddy as it was his bike, I wasn't going too fast or anything like that and wham, where did the bike go?

If only I would have worn my cape!

Now what's my best way to gently touch down?
:surprise: That's gonna end badly!
I hope I never high side. I got thrown out of the saddle once but managed to hang on to the bars which saved me. My two female cousins were watching me race at that very corner. They said afterwards that they were going to toss a coin to see who had to do the phone call to my mother if I'd come off. :D

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
That's one of my fears, high siding and having the bike chase me when I land. Would rather low side and slide a bit.
Yep, not to mention the potential broken collar bone or arm and the associated time off work etc etc :crying:

Heck, I'd better stop this, I've got a race meet tomorrow!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ah that out of body experience, like a lottery ball tumbling in a bin. However you look at it, one way or another, your number is up. As one who has had several high sides I can tell you that "OH ****" moment isn't very pretty. Best practice... good gear, sober determination, on track not street and a good stash of personal leave time, chances are you'll need it. Peace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts