Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past week boxcrash and 2 of his buds rode over to my side of the mountains. We met up on U.S. 129, and yes we rode The Dragon, and had lunch at Deals Gap. The State Police were out, and so were the mowing crews scattering fresh clippings onto the road surfaces in places, but we rocked on. This time of year the last holiday of summer has passed so there was some traffic but not nearly as bad as mid summer. I really enjoy showing off "my" roads. So far bOXcrash is the third member of the forum that has visited this area and that I have had the pleasure to meet. He says he's gonna come back 馃憣
ZZ

Registered
This past week boxcrash and 2 of his buds rode over to my side of the mountains. We met up on U.S. 129, and yes we rode The Dragon, and had lunch at Deals Gap. The State Police were out, and so were the mowing crews scattering fresh clippings onto the road surfaces in places, but we rocked on. This time of year the last holiday of summer has passed so there was some traffic but not nearly as bad as mid summer. I really enjoy showing off "my" roads. So far bOXcrash is the third member of the forum that has visited this area and that I have had the pleasure to meet. He says he's gonna come back 馃憣
ZZ
Yes, thanks! It was good to ride those roads again, been at least 20 years since I have been to the Dragon. Rode around South TN, North GA last year, but we did not venture into the Dragon.
If I leave from my place, since I am closer to Chattanooga, riding through McMinnville, Decatur, Sweetwater, Tallassee is only about 200 miles of back roads I need to come visit and ride more often :)

Registered
Offer is still open for anyone who wants to come out west (or already here) to Los Angeles! Experience the nice mountain roads laced with brown dead grass, diverse group of triggered people, and enjoy the great LA smog to get your immune system working.
I need an excuse/reason to hit the canyons again. I think my chicken strips are 3 feet wide now.

Reactions: Baxter

Registered
Tracy, the group of guys I go up there with every September will be there next week. This is when we always stay at Hunt's lodge for a week. I was hoping I might be able to meet you on this trip but it just isn't going to happen this time. I'll have to miss this trip for the first time in.... I guess about 10-12 years. I had some skin cancer removed from my scalp and I won't be able to wear a helmet for a few more weeks. I love it up there so much. :)

Registered
Haha I hear ya. I'm takin a day off tomorrow an hitting the Blu Ridge Pky a little way. Maybe Ashville n back
If you're in the area stop by Hunt's anytime after 4pm. That's when happy hour starts. There will be a few of Ducati's, and MV Agusta, Kawi 650 and prolly a big BMW twin. Just pull up and say "hey, ya'll know Duckman". I guarantee you'll have a beer in one hand and a Jack 'n Coke in the other before you can get your helmet off. :)

Registered
Just pull up and say "hey, ya'll know Duckman". I guarantee you'll have a beer in one hand and a Jack 'n Coke in the other before you can get your helmet off. :)
Or you might get a kick in the balls and thrown out.

Haha I hear ya. I'm takin a day off tomorrow an hitting the Blu Ridge Pky a little way. Maybe Ashville n back
There are some great roads south of Waynesville NC that link to the BRP, 215 and 276 are interesting roads. If you are ever heading that way on a weekend we can meet up for lunch in that area.

As soon as you get off the BRP in Ashville there are some good spots on Hendersonville rd. MR Motorcycle where I purchased the ZX6R, Juicy Lucy burger, and Apollo grill.

We are season pass holders to Biltmore so we go up there a few times a year and more often in the fall. I just got the Mustang Ecoboost suspension upgraded to GT350/Mach 1 specs and she's ready to hit the mountains this fall.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Or you might get a kick in the balls and thrown out.

There are some great roads south of Waynesville NC that link to the BRP, 215 and 276 are interesting roads. If you are ever heading that way on a weekend we can meet up for lunch in that area.

As soon as you get off the BRP in Ashville there are some good spots on Hendersonville rd. MR Motorcycle where I purchased the ZX6R, Juicy Lucy burger, and Apollo grill.

We are season pass holders to Biltmore so we go up there a few times a year and more often in the fall. I just got the Mustang Ecoboost suspension upgraded to GT350/Mach 1 specs and she's ready to hit the mountains this fall.

View attachment 20222
Waynesville, 215 n 276, got it. I'll check it out.

Registered
ZZ
Tracy, and Box鈥︹hat is really cool that all you kids got together. Tracy has a waaaay cool playground鈥. If I was a LOT younger, I鈥檇 be saying. 鈥淢om, PLEASE, can I ride my bike over to Tracy鈥檚 playground? PLEEEEEEEZE?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts