Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is a new issue for me when let’s say the bike vibrates a lot or I get to sround 9300rpm in first gear the horn turns on for a split second it’s not a full horn sound like if you press the button but the horn definitely honks what can cause this I have a dealership visit next Friday? It’s like a little ring from the horn

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hey guys this is a new issue for me when let’s say the bike vibrates a lot or I get to sround 9300rpm in first gear the horn turns on for a split second it’s not a full horn sound like if you press the button but the horn definitely honks what can cause this I have a dealership visit next Friday? It’s like a little ring from the horn
If its still in break in then dont worry, I had the worst vibrations here even created a few threads about it but as soon as i hit 1300km or 1000miles the vibrations just vanished, first service helped alot aka at 900km but like I said at 1300km no vibes at all

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its still in break in then dont worry, I had the worst vibrations here even created a few threads about it but as soon as i hit 1300km or 1000miles the vibrations just vanished, first service helped alot aka at 900km but like I said at 1300km no vibes at all
No not in brake in I’m at 1500miles

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Because it's fun?

If the conditions are safe, I rev it up in first and second on almost all starts from a red light... LOL
:iagree:
One of the joys of motorcycling is escaping the cotton wool culture that pervades in modern society.
To use an expression i read in a post earlier - "Just pin it!" :grin:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great idea I will do that
Did you do that and have you resolved the issue?

I used to get a horn beep noise when revving really high and letting off, but that was during and post break in and I'm now at mile 3k+ and I haven't heard the noise in some time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use to hear this horn noise at 9k also. I'm at 4500 and don't hear this anymore. But I do have bad vibrations only at 6500. I feel it mostly in my feet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Put back your stock exhaust if you replaced it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts