Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked up a waterproof USB type A and C power outlet / voltage gauge today:

With the lid closed, the voltage gauge is still visible:

My iPhone charges pretty quick with the USB-C to lightning cable from apple.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Where did you get it? I'm sold.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JGV2HML

You can tap into the accessory power/ground leads right in the loom next to that punchout, assuming you have the accessory relay kit already installed ($20 from Kawasaki, or about half as much for a comparable unit anywhere else - it plugs into the harness right below the punchout and provides power to the leads right next to it as well as the ones below the pillion seat).

The punchout is removed from below with a philips screwdriver. Solder/crimp in some 4mm bullet connectors to make everything clean, or just splice/tap in if you don't care.

No need to remove the fairings.

·
Registered
377 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JGV2HML

You can tap into the accessory power/ground leads right in the loom next to that punchout, assuming you have the accessory relay kit already installed ($20 from Kawasaki, or about half as much for a comparable unit anywhere else - it plugs into the harness right below the punchout and provides power to the leads right next to it as well as the ones below the pillion seat).

The punchout is removed from below with a philips screwdriver. Solder/crimp in some 4mm bullet connectors to make everything clean, or just splice/tap in if you don't care.

No need to remove the fairings.
Awesome! Thank you so much!:grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks everyone to great posts. I took your cues and installed a similar model:

BlueFire Upgraded Aluminum Alloy Quick Charge 3.0 USB Car Charger Socket & 2.4A USB Port IP66 Waterproof Dual USB Power Outlet with Voltmeter for Car Boat Marine Rv Motorcycle(Silver-Green) Amazon.com: BlueFire Upgraded Aluminum Alloy Quick Charge 3.0 USB Car Charger Socket & 2.4A USB Port IP66 Waterproof Dual USB Power Outlet with Voltmeter for Car Boat Marine Rv Motorcycle(Silver-Green)

I got the green readout with aluminum trim, for the green readout of course!

Th install was super easy. I purchased the relay from my local shop. Pop the side fairing off, install the relay, put side fairing back on, install usb, and attach wires that came with the outlet to the awaiting barrel connectors on the bike.

You do have to purchase a male and female barrel connector from your local hardware store and crimp them onto the outlet supplied wires.

This now makes monitoring voltage output super easy. Important when trying to figure out how much electrical draw I can accommodate fro the 400. Installed my heated jacket thermostat as well. See that writeup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts