Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of those USB charger outlets in thier 2020 ninja yet?

I've seen a few YT videos showing how easy it is on the 18-19 years but in some of the comments I've read that the install or setup is not the same on the 2020s.

Can anyone verify this?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Has anyone installed one of those USB charger outlets in thier 2020 ninja yet?

I've seen a few YT videos showing how easy it is on the 18-19 years but in some of the comments I've read that the install or setup is not the same on the 2020s.

Can anyone verify this?
They are the same bike, so I'd be very surprised if the install differed?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I was thinking too .I'll have to see if any newer videos are out showing it on a 2020.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This will probably be the first thing I do to mine.

I've looked and I see the 2 bullet connectors pre wired. The cap for the plug is the same too.

I also saw the relay mounting bracket.

So as far as I can tell it's the same as all the youtube videos I've seen.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I checked mine today and see all the same connections already there so I don't see why would it be different.

I think I'm gonna go the easy way and buy the Kawasaki parts for it especially since it already comes ready for plug and play..

I have zero understanding of how to make my own connectors to make it work nor do I have the tools. Lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah I checked mine today and see all the same connections already there so I don't see why would it be different.

I think I'm gonna go the easy way and buy the Kawasaki parts for it especially since it already comes ready for plug and play..

I have zero understanding of how to make my own connectors to make it work nor do I have the tools. Lol

Yeha I'm on the fence about getting OEM or amazon.

Theres something to be said for convenience.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I installed one on my 2020. It’s the same as the previous years. The outlet I ordered on amazon was too big for the hole but I was able to use a knife to make the opening bigger. Once it’s in place you can’t tell. I didn’t have to remove the fairings. I used a Kawasaki relay and the wiring with a built in fuse that came with the outlet. I had to crimp male and female bullet connectors to one end and tied it all up with a zip tie. I did this with no real experience.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed one on my 2020. It’s the same as the previous years. The outlet I ordered on amazon was too big for the hole but I was able to use a knife to make the opening bigger. Once it’s in place you can’t tell. I didn’t have to remove the fairings. I used a Kawasaki relay and the wiring with a built in fuse that came with the outlet. I had to crimp male and female bullet connectors to one end and tied it all up with a zip tie. I did this with no real experience.
Thanks for confirming that the 2020s are the same as previous years and install was the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The charger I installed was slightly too big for the hole. I just took a knife and carved out a bit of plastic to make it bigger. Once it’s on you can’t tell. Here
The charger I installed was slightly too big for the hole. I just took a knife and carved out a bit of plastic to make it bigger. Once it’s on you can’t tell. Here’s a pic.
View attachment 15743
Very nice!! Does the USB have a volt meter that lights up when closed? If so, any pics...Thank you. Nice Installation...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts