Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and new to the world of Kawasaki's.

Got my first bike a couple years ago, a Honda Grom. Living in the city there's little need to go long distance and finally I will be doing more long-distance riding.
I have friends with CBR300's and Ninja 300's, rode both and the Ninja just had more relaxed ergos and was smoother on the higher end of the powerband.

Sticking around here to see if the Ninja 400 has that extra bit of torque i'm after but not as aggressive or instant as the Honda.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Welcome! That's cool you've been able to try a few bikes out and have an idea of what your looking for. I had the CBR300R until recently and I'm surprised you found the power delivery aggressive compared to the ninja. It's only got 30HP, which is one of the reasons I'm moving up to a 400 twin. Or did you mean it's a bit snatchy when you give it some throttle? The twins are smoother motors for sure.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! That's cool you've been able to try a few bikes out and have an idea of what your looking for. I had the CBR300R until recently and I'm surprised you found the power delivery aggressive compared to the ninja. It's only got 30HP, which is one of the reasons I'm moving up to a 400 twin. Or did you mean it's a bit snatchy when you give it some throttle? The twins are smoother motors for sure.
yeah that's what I meant which of course happens a lot in 1st gear but overall its more of a habit as a rider, still, no doubt that the CBR does enable it to happen far more than the Ninja. Glad to have a CBR300 owner on the forum as that will help with perspective on the 400 once its out.

are you looking at any other bikes aside from the Ninja 400?

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
yeah that's what I meant which of course happens a lot in 1st gear but overall its more of a habit as a rider, still, no doubt that the CBR does enable it to happen far more than the Ninja. Glad to have a CBR300 owner on the forum as that will help with perspective on the 400 once its out.

are you looking at any other bikes aside from the Ninja 400?
I was looking at the KTM 390 Duke as a wild card, similar HP's, lighter weight and it looks like a hoot to ride but was not sure how i would go without a fairing. I do all open road riding at speed (live in a small town of pop. 2000 long way from anywhere). KTM do the RC390 model with a fairing but I think it looks a bit ugly with its beaky nose.
I'm fussy! :smile_big:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at the KTM 390 Duke as a wild card, similar HP's, lighter weight and it looks like a hoot to ride but was not sure how i would go without a fairing. I do all open road riding at speed (live in a small town of pop. 2000 long way from anywhere). KTM do the RC390 model with a fairing but I think it looks a bit ugly with its beaky nose.
I'm fussy! :smile_big:
On that point about the Duke 390, I really wish Ducati was in this segment because they would do very well at it and at the same time probably won't dilute the brand too much. If they want more volume and reach it should be one of the brands next models to do it.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
On that point about the Duke 390, I really wish Ducati was in this segment because they would do very well at it and at the same time probably won't dilute the brand too much. If they want more volume and reach it should be one of the brands next models to do it.
As a previous owner of two Ducati's and someone who still backs them in the MotoGP (Go Dovi!), I couldn't agree more.
A 400cc version of the new 900 supersport would go down a treat i reckon. I'd buy one, no hesitation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts