Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in my Intro thread, my daughter purchased a 2022 Ninja 400 a year ago this month.

Much has happened since, but the short version is due to health considerations, she can no longer ride without more pain than it's worth. She had the bike up for sale and I planned to store it in my garage as Fall/Winter is not exactly prime time for selling bikes in Maine.

As I was unloading the bike from the trailer to tuck it in the garage, my wife commented on what a shame it was that she was selling a bike she'd barely ridden. I agreed and said "I'm half tempted to buy it myself, it's a great little bike!"

Her reply was "Well, why don't you?" When I recovered from my shock and could breathe again, I said "Fine! I will!"

I need that bike like I need another hole in the head, but I wasn't about to pass up an opportunity like that. Another consideration was that if I bought it and she gets to a point where she wants to ride again, it'll be right here.

So, I've been riding it on short hops and trips where I don't need to haul anything. I've put about 150 miles on it and while I don't see myself enduring that plank of a seat or the crouched riding position for more than an hour or so at a time, that little turd is a BLAST to ride. It's actually as much fun keeping that small displacement motor wound up as it is whacking the throttle open on my FJ-09 Yamaha.

You'd think that at 72 years of age, I'd have gotten over my hooligan stage. You'd be wrong...馃榿

Registered
The bigger bikes have their place. Pound for pound the fun factor of the middleweights and smaller machines win me over every time. I'm 60 and today I own a Honda Metropolitan Scooter, 50cc a Honda Grom 125, the N400 and a Ducati Supersport 950S. They all have their place, but on most days, my playdate of choice is the N 400.

Registered
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400
As mentioned in my Intro thread, my daughter purchased a 2022 Ninja 400 a year ago this month.

Much has happened since, but the short version is due to health considerations, she can no longer ride without more pain than it's worth. She had the bike up for sale and I planned to store it in my garage as Fall/Winter is not exactly prime time for selling bikes in Maine.

As I was unloading the bike from the trailer to tuck it in the garage, my wife commented on what a shame it was that she was selling a bike she'd barely ridden. I agreed and said "I'm half tempted to buy it myself, it's a great little bike!"

Her reply was "Well, why don't you?" When I recovered from my shock and could breathe again, I said "Fine! I will!"

I need that bike like I need another hole in the head, but I wasn't about to pass up an opportunity like that. Another consideration was that if I bought it and she gets to a point where she wants to ride again, it'll be right here.

So, I've been riding it on short hops and trips where I don't need to haul anything. I've put about 150 miles on it and while I don't see myself enduring that plank of a seat or the crouched riding position for more than an hour or so at a time, that little turd is a BLAST to ride. It's actually as much fun keeping that small displacement motor wound up as it is whacking the throttle open on my FJ-09 Yamaha.

You'd think that at 72 years of age, I'd have gotten over my hooligan stage. You'd be wrong...馃榿
This made me so happy 馃榿

Registered
The bigger bikes have their place. Pound for pound the fun factor of the middleweights and smaller machines win me over every time. I'm 60 and today I own a Honda Metropolitan Scooter, 50cc a Honda Grom 125, the N400 and a Ducati Supersport 950S. They all have their place, but on most days, my playdate of choice is the N 400.
Me too. I'm turning 66. I down sized to a Ninja 400. I'm having a ball. I couldn't belive how much fun it is to ride.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts