1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replied quite deep in an old thread, so in case it helps someone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker81

I picked up my Ninja400 yesterday, and noticed that it's noticable particularly in 2nd, 3rd and (slightly less) in 4th from 4k to 6k RPM. It's a light "tinkling" sound almost like if you imagined a washer was loose somewhere and jingling rapidly, very high pitched but lightly.

It stops outside that rev band which makes me think something's loose. It's from the front section.

I'm not going to worry too much about it until the 1000km service, but I fear since it's so light, i'm the only one who's gonna be able to hear it.

Anyone else?

Resolution
The "tinkling" noise became a "rapid-fire rattle" at around the same Rev range.

Finally found the cause of the issue. I removed the left-hand fairings to install a relay for the USB charger. Although I didnt get to the USB charger due to a lack of correct Bullet Connectors, I noticed the bracket on the rear of the USB Connector blank was slightly loose and the phillips head screw that secures it was already as tight as it could go. I went into my toolkit and retrieved an O-Ring which needed to be slightly stretched to make it over the top of the USB Blank, then used my fingernail to feed it underneath the edge.

I took it for a 200km ride and didn't hear my noise once, and I've never been happier with my bike. It's amazing how badly a noise can ruin your enjoyment of your new bike.

Hope it helps someone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2019 N400. Drove me nuts for a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts