Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to throw my hat in and let y'all know that Tyga will be supporting the Ninja 400. Product line will be similar to what we make for the 300's with items like our exhaust systems, bodywork made from either carbon fiber or fiberglass, as well as our standard sort of offerings with CNC parts like rearsets, clipons, triple tree top, suspension components, fork preload adjusters, sprockets, et cetera. The primary initial products will mostly be aimed for racers or street riders who need to fit their bike up with race components, perhaps for trackdays, or just to have some go fast bits on the street. If there is any particular product in general that the community feels is needed but nobody is providing, we are all ears!

We just got a 400 in the shop the other day, so we are busily making molds for bodywork, programming the CNC to produce the rearsets and clipons and the rest of our offerings. It's still a few weeks out from when product will be available, but we are hard at work getting products produced for y'all!

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up, and also let you know plan is to be a regular contributor on the forum as well, not just for our products, but to provide support to the community in general. Those who have heard of Tyga know we are well known for our attention to quality and detail. We make our own products, and stand behind them 100%!

Oh yeah, and who am I... well, I'm Matt and am the US Distributor for Tyga products. My primary work has been in support of the KTM RC390 for the last 3 years. I'll be stocking and holding in inventory all of our Ninja 400 parts, for fast turn around delivery as well as fast access to race spares or crash repair. I'm located in Central Texas, just outside of Austin, so am centrally located for the whole US with shipping usually being 2-3 days via ground ship, or faster if needed but still via domestic shipping vs International shipping from Thailand.

So anyway... HOWDY Y'ALL! :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome TYGA, been looking at your website waiting to see your full exhaust system. I had one on my N300 with maggot tip. When do you expect to have them available for the N400?

I can assure you fellow riders that Tyga does have a quality product.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome TYGA, been looking at your website waiting to see your full exhaust system. I had one on my N300 with maggot tip. When do you expect to have them available for the N400?
We are looking to have exhaust and rearsets out sometime in the next few weeks. Bodywork will follow but it takes a while to get the molds done and get production spun up. Initially I was hoping to have product in hand the 2nd week of June. Might be delayed a LITTLE bit more than that, but should be quite soon. It took a little extra time than anticipated to get a test mule in the shop to get parts started. MattP just finished with the RS250 exhaust design and AFAIK the next project in the list was the N400 exhaust.

My basic plan is to get an initial release of product shipped out to me here in Texas air freight, and then work on getting a larger shipment headed this way via slow boat SAL shipment. The intent being for the few folks who are wanting the parts sooner than later I'll have inventory for them. I've got some N300 exhausts on hand, but nothing for the N400 -=YET=-... but soon, very soon! I'll be sure to announce (somewhere) on the forum more details for product availability, photos, prices, etc. as soon as I have those details. I don't want to "go on record" for dates and prices before everything in finalized however. Still, I can't see why it would turn out to be that much different than the N300 exhaust pricing. MattP just LOVES his new CNC pipe bender, and has been cranking out LOTS of exhaust designs, but I'm trying to do what I can to divert his time more towards the N400. I can prototype and machine the prototype designs here as well on my Vertical Machining Center, once I get the Tyga-USA N400 on hand, but for now I just have to sit tight and wait for Team Thailand to get the designs finalized and production started. Such is life for new models, and we (admittedly) got a little bit of a late start on the N400.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’m excited to see you’re doing rearsets as there aren’t many options out there! Will they require a pressure switch for the rear brake?

·
Registered
460 Posts
We are looking to have exhaust and rearsets out sometime in the next few weeks. Bodywork will follow but it takes a while to get the molds done and get production spun up. Initially I was hoping to have product in hand the 2nd week of June. Might be delayed a LITTLE bit more than that, but should be quite soon. It took a little extra time than anticipated to get a test mule in the shop to get parts started. MattP just finished with the RS250 exhaust design and AFAIK the next project in the list was the N400 exhaust.

My basic plan is to get an initial release of product shipped out to me here in Texas air freight, and then work on getting a larger shipment headed this way via slow boat SAL shipment. The intent being for the few folks who are wanting the parts sooner than later I'll have inventory for them. I've got some N300 exhausts on hand, but nothing for the N400 -=YET=-... but soon, very soon! I'll be sure to announce (somewhere) on the forum more details for product availability, photos, prices, etc. as soon as I have those details. I don't want to "go on record" for dates and prices before everything in finalized however. Still, I can't see why it would turn out to be that much different than the N300 exhaust pricing. MattP just LOVES his new CNC pipe bender, and has been cranking out LOTS of exhaust designs, but I'm trying to do what I can to divert his time more towards the N400. I can prototype and machine the prototype designs here as well on my Vertical Machining Center, once I get the Tyga-USA N400 on hand, but for now I just have to sit tight and wait for Team Thailand to get the designs finalized and production started. Such is life for new models, and we (admittedly) got a little bit of a late start on the N400.
Thanks for the reply. I already have race fairings, I didnt want to mess up my stock ones on the track so I grabbed a set from CRC. It is good to know we will have a contact person here. I live in the Philippines so I will deal directly with TYGA as the shipping from you would be a lot more then direct from Thailand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m excited to see you’re doing rearsets as there aren’t many options out there! Will they require a pressure switch for the rear brake?
There are two of us named Matt, so it can get confusing... There's me, MattS, and I'm Tyga-USA, and then there is MattP who is the designer (in Thailand) who's putting the rearsets together for production. We are looking at ~3 weeks for everything to be finalized there to know for sure. I haven't gotten an update on if a pressure switch will be needed or not. Initial discussion did mention that it may need a new rear brake line as part of the kit. I'll probably have more info in a week or so +- a few days. The initial part designs are finished, but those were done on the 3D Printer. Next up is to CNC the parts and get everything done in aluminum plus track testing before the design is finalized. The carbon fiber heel guards are also new so will need molds made for those as well. Rearsets may be the last of the new parts to be available, but it's looking good schedule wise so we are just a few weeks out until everything is in production.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Dear Tyga,

For Christmas I would like extended front and rear fenders cause i dislike cleaning dirty water splash, bikini fairings to replace stock fairings, cause i like the naked street fighter look. And a real touring windscreen that really blocks wind.

Thanks,

Have a good day!

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Dear Tyga,

For Christmas I would like extended front and rear fenders cause i dislike cleaning dirty water splash, bikini fairings to replace stock fairings, cause i like the naked street fighter look. And a real touring windscreen that really blocks wind.

Thanks,

Have a good day!
Yes but the big question is have you been naughty or nice?? :devil:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would like extended front and rear fenders cause i dislike cleaning dirty water splash, bikini fairings to replace stock fairings, cause i like the naked street fighter look. And a real touring windscreen that really blocks wind.
Extended fenders: I'll put the request in. Typically the request is to make fenders smaller / sleeker / more race styling.

Touring windscreen: I'll discuss with MattP about possibility. To my knowledge we have never made a touring screen as we tend to supply more towards the racing side of things than touring, but I'll check. The one possible catch here is that our screens tend to be made to fit on our uppers. I don't know what the status is of upper development currently, or if it would be compatible with a factory screen... and the reverse of that question is if our screen would fit a factory upper.

Street fighter: Ahhhh, now I see and understand your requests! You accidentally bought the N400 instead of a Duke 390! NOW I understand! ;) LOL

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dear Tyga,

Thanks,

Have a good day!
If street fighter is what you’re going for, BLK Lab Motorcycles might peak your interest. They’ve mentioned making a kit for the 400. Not trying to hijack your thread of course. Sorry TYGA!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@TygaUSA
Do members of this forum get a discount? I know some vendors/sponsors give a discount. Just wondering if Tyga will.
So here at Tyga, we do things a little differently than many. We don't have our prices set to amounts which are artificially high and then use marketing gimmicks of discounts and/or free shipping. Instead, we have our prices at the best prices we can offer. This policy has been criticized by some. Some people really want to get a sense of getting a bargain and to see XXX amount of money saved, and for those folks, maybe it would work out better to raise all our prices by 20% and then offer a discount off by that same 20%... but that's not how we operate here. We don't treat shipping fees as a profit center either. The same goes for "Free Shipping!!!" offers where, any time you see that you can insert "Shipping costs paid for by our prices being high" right after it. We here at Tyga work extraordinarily hard to keep shipping costs down, and have the website generate a shipping price that reflects the actual costs incurred by us to get the product into our customers hands. Tyga is a small company, and we specialize in small displacement motorcycles. On the rare occurance where the website over charged our customer for shipping, we refund the excess amount even!

Tyga has been around a long time. We started back in 1998 by being the only company that supported the NSR 250 (who all here remembers those?!) and we continue to this day to be solely dedicated to small sportbikes and the small displacement community.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exhaust, CNC Parts, Sprockets, and Ninja Cover

To follow up as previously promised, here is a link to our N400 offerings:
Kawasaki Ninja 400 2018- | Tyga-USA

Now Available: new products for the Kawasaki Ninja 400,
* Slip-On Exhaust Systems - Available in our popular racer can the Moto Maggot and Carbon Oval

* Exhaust Stay

* Fork Preload Adjusters

* Rear Stand Bobbins in Black and Silver

* Aluminium Captured Wheel Spacer Kits for Front and Rear wheels

* Sprockets - Available in sizes from 41 to 48

* Steering Stopper

* Bike Cover

More products will be available soon (rearsets and bodywork are almost ready) and I'll announce them here as well once they are available. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I see your rear sprockets are only available in over size ie. 41 - 48 teeth. There is probably a market there for under size too. I have a 38 tooth on my bike to raise the final gearing ratio from standard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts