Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
two brothers just posted this clip of there new slip on exhaust for the ninja 400...i hate it but meh might as well post it in here

·
Registered
124 Posts
It is ugly! They made it way too short. In my opinion, of course. :D
I agree but often for companies its easier to create products along the lines of what has been long offered, knowing how people will respond to a brand is powerful. Them changing design is a big risk unless its very clear as to what they can expect with sales.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree but often for companies its easier to create products along the lines of what has been long offered, knowing how people will respond to a brand is powerful. Them changing design is a big risk unless its very clear as to what they can expect with sales.
You are right. However, don't you think that by creating a more visually appealing exhaust they will attract more sales from new customers, which would offset the loss from "fan boy" base? :nerd:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone. I ordered the exhaust because Two Brothers is known for making very good exhausts and actually make decent power gains. I do agree that the exhaust looks like an afterthought, but I guarantee that they used that can for a reason. It still retains the stock cat and in all honesty sounds better than the Yoshi and Akropovic cans I have heard on Youtube. I am currently in Tokyo, Japan and will be back home in Texas on the 5th of April. I also have the MWR performance air filter and the Power Commander V waiting for me. I intend on installing all 3 items upon my return. I'll create a new thread and head to the dyno to see if the 400 hits the 47-48 wheel HP mark with the stock PCV map!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't mind the sound, but they definitely could have made it look a little sleeker. That being said I'm interested to see what impact it has on performance. Keep us updated angeldemon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Has anyone else snagged one? Strongly considering picking one up given what seems to be a June timeline on the Akra..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Has anyone else snagged one? Strongly considering picking one up given what seems to be a June timeline on the Akra..
I know, the itch is strong, but just wait. The Akra Carbon is my personal favorite so far. Everyone else just can't seem to get the flow of the bike right.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, for one thing, I have absolutely no patience and am more than willing to admit it. :angel:

I'm less worried about appearance to be honest, and care more about dropping the dead weight, opening airflow, and sounding better is an added bonus. I can't see the pipe from the pilot seat, but can certainly hear it and would certainly appreciate a little more space in the right heel area.

I also like what Two Brothers do with their "power tips" to bring the DB down if desired.

Now I'll talk out of both sides a little, I will say I don't like the polished look so if I do jump here, it'll be the carbon. On the upside, almost anything would be better than the atrocity that is the stock pipe.

I know, the itch is strong, but just wait. The Akra Carbon is my personal favorite so far. Everyone else just can't seem to get the flow of the bike right.

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bit the bullet. Order placed with Revzilla. I'll report back upon arrival. :cool:

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah! I just ordered the S1R carbon version. With both the P1 and PX1 silencers and anodized bolts kit. Got it from MNNTHBX.

Wanted to hear how loud it would be with and without the silencers. Probably be using the silencers because I leave for work early morn.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Carbon here as well.

I just got the P1X tip. From what I've read, the P1 doesn't do too much. I'll be interested to hear if you experiment with both / what you think of each.

Yeah! I just ordered the S1R carbon version. With both the P1 and PX1 silencers and anodized bolts kit. Got it from MNNTHBX.

Wanted to hear how loud it would be with and without the silencers. Probably be using the silencers because I leave for work early morn.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Carbon here as well.

I just got the P1X tip. From what I've read, the P1 doesn't do too much. I'll be interested to hear if you experiment with both / what you think of each.
Absolutely, look for my review in 2 to 3 weeks because I take delivery of the bike on the 13th.

·
Registered
199 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts