Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a Z400, my dealer didn't have the Ninja 400, and I got a really good deal on this one. I purchased a battery tender and phone mount, but I am having trouble find placement for the USB-A port coming up to my phone. If anyone has any suggestions to make my bike better I'd greatly appreciate them. This is my first bike, and I'm still kinda learning the ropes of maintaining and messing around with adding stuff to it. I know I need to get a better windscreen, and maybe a seat, but if there is something that I can do it make it even better I'm all ears!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Here's my write-up on turning a Ninja 400 into a touring bike: Touring Build

One thing I didn't mention in that thread is my super-cushy seat from Norton: Norton Racing Supersport Seat Review Best Purchase Ever.

A bar-mounted USB port should be available on Amazon, just search "motorcycle handlebar usb port" and a bunch should show up. One certainly must be USB-A. BTW, anyone else feel gripey about how the usb was supposed to be universal but that concept has gone away with a multitude of sizes and shapes? Humbug!

If I didn't have the luggage I already have, I'd also consider SW-MOTECH Blaze Saddlebag System Kawasaki Ninja 400 2018-2021 - RevZilla, but it's a bit expensive.

I've also been considering replacing or supplementing my GPS with a Beeline device. The GPS seems to require my eyes to go too far from the road and it takes time to read the little screen. It feels like more of a distraction than an aide. This Beeline gizmo links to your phone by Bluetooth and gives a big arrow (plus a little more info) to keep you on track. So it's much less distracting. But I've never tried it so I can't make a recommendation. Beeline - smart navigation for bikes

Welcomed to a lifetime of adventure!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Turned my Z4 into a super sport touring rig. I have something like THIS butt it's too big 'n bulky. The easiest way to charger yer phone 'n stuff is with spare phone battery like THIS
You'll need a good tank bag to keep all this stuff in, 'n I got me one of THESE and it's held up nicely over the years.
Mt dash...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah, i never found a "good" place for it. Mines kinda beside under the handlebar mount gas tank meter. But on top of the steering. Installed using double sided tape wire ties screws velcro clamp tank bag magnet. Bottom line I have never found a good place or a good way. Mines a SAE/voltmeter/usb combo. Works great but it's fiddly on a Z 🐉

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Banjo, you just gave me a flash back to the Mods :LOL:

View attachment 15744
'Cept I need mor lights, or cowbell? 😁

I also have a PUIG BAT windscreen, Norton seat, (Cuz I wanta b like Baxter when I grow up) Knight's design lowered foot pegs, That throttle lock you can see in the photo, some cheapass Chinese faux ROX risers, Traxxion AR25 fork cartridge thingies, Ohlins rear shock, 'n I went up one tooth on the front sprocket for more relaxed, high speed travel. And the most important thing fer Kalifornia riding is a Radar detector BT'd to my Cardo via Taotronics BT sender. (y)
Oh yeah, the full Akra, K&N, TST block off plates, air box mod, 'n FTECU flash.
Bike's very luxurious now, I can ride all day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts