Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently the said items above stopped working. I have 350 miles on the bike and installed a 12v socket up front and a LED license plate bulb. I haven't installed the relay for the 12v socket yet. Any ideas, I have no idea where the fuse box is either. The headlights and brake light works just not the running light, license light, or turn signals. Planning on going to the dealership tomorrow to get the relay but any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*UPDATE* I checked the owners manual and located the fuse box and a 10 amp fuse was blown so that fixed my issue. Any ideas on how would be helpful, I don't think a LED could cause a fuse to blow?

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
*UPDATE* I checked the owners manual and located the fuse box and a 10 amp fuse was blown so that fixed my issue. Any ideas on how would be helpful, I don't think a LED could cause a fuse to blow?
You have possibly shorted a wire or connector to earth when you have been modding.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just a guess but it probably happened because you did not install the relay when you installed your DC power adapter. Were you using the adapter to charge your phone? I think the relay helps take pressure off the electrical system like the lights/signals. Ask the dealer when you go in.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't think that should have caused any issues. Those leads shouldn't be hot until you add the relay into the circuit.

Just a guess but it probably happened because you did not install the relay when you installed your DC power adapter. Were you using the adapter to charge your phone? I think the relay helps take pressure off the electrical system like the lights/signals. Ask the dealer when you go in.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't think that should have caused any issues. Those leads shouldn't be hot until you add the relay into the circuit.
Good point. I forgot the adapter cannot be used without the relay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have possibly shorted a wire or connector to earth when you have been modding.
That's probably what happened, I did hotwire the circuit to verify that the power outlet was operating properly.I was riding for a good 20-30min last night and the fuse hasn't blown so I'm pretty sure your correct. Thank you for the response!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts