Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS
16 Posts
I think the first 250 at the beginning was my friend Jason Iverson on his 250 lol.

·
Vendor
16 Posts
Don't worry, I raced the 250 class with those guys as a novice, I was back of the pack on my 250 with only 2 other novices lol. Those guys have been racing that same class at PIR for years, Jason has won championships himself. Just get more seat time. (Hint: If you do a combined round with WMRRA at the Ridge, you might actually get some passes. Jason isn't as strong at the Ridge.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know. I did NRS and raced a few weekends with OMMRA in 2019 on my 600. I was fighting the bike the whole time (first it was hydrolocked forks because the shop that worked on them screwed up, then it was something else) and pretty much sucked. Race direction told me not to enter in Sportsman 600 any more because I was too slow. Hah! Anyways then the pandemic happened, lost my job, sold the 600 without racing once in 2020. I figure if I can get my lap times low enough after I get more training and do the suspension/other upgrades I'll grid up again. Right now it wouldn't be worth it so I just street ride and do track days.

·
Vendor
16 Posts
Find Alex or Nick taylor, or talk to Jason Iverson, or Sam Kaufman. They go out to MacTrack located in McMinneville. Get one or more of them to train you to get faster. Kart tracks are the way, and much cheaper to get into basic racing shape for a fraction of the costs and travel (unless you're in PDX, I lived in Eugene). MacTrack has memberships as well, and Sam used to live close to the track, not sure if he does anymore. Also, for track days ride with MotoFit, they're awesome. Kara's the best, and they have instructors who'll help you out a lot. Get the 400 into racing shape, focus on that transmission, then suspension and ergo. Don't worry too much about power other than weight reduction until your lap times come up from corner speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts