Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 Ninja 400 ABS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

So I finally had the opportunity of being in a trackday at the same circuit where I had my riding course. This is the first open session of the day, which means it's the first time I'm riding there without restrictions.
I am using SuperCorsa SP v3 tires.

Still doing some square corners, missing the turn-in points, learning to lean, learning to trust my bike and so on.
I've had some issues upshifting while leaning to the left, but I fixed this on the next laps. At one moment I leaned too much and GoPro stabilization makes it feel like I lost traction on my rear tire, but it was just my footpegs that hit the ground for the first time and I panicked lol

Well, had a very nice day with very nice people. Still got a lot to learn, but I feel like I'm getting it right.

Thanks for watching!

Attachments

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Flip the shifter over for GP Shift! Once you start doing more tracks with left hand turns and racing, then shifting/pushing down on left hands is possible. Every bike I have, street or race/track is GP
Shift!
I went GP shift in 2009 and never went back. All my bikes are GP shift also. I can ride a standard shift bike on the street with no problem, but not on the track. I mess up too much.
@churros, that looks like a fun track, keep up the good work!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

· Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 😂🐙
1,256 Posts
That track looks like it would be a ton of fun. 🥰
It makes me want to hit the track again but all in time.
GP shift is the way to go and seems more instinctive for the track. My Ninja is GP and once my VTR is finished it too will be GP shift.

Track days are so much fun and what these bikes are made for. Good to see you out there and enjoying the rewards of a good pilot and bike coming together to bring home a smile lasting for days. 🤙

1 - 5 of 5 Posts