Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have two very small scratches on the sides of the bike.. It hasnt fallen or anything, just little dots like where the paint came off from. Maybe the bike hit something duing riding or someone touched it where I park on the street from time to time.. anyhow. Im interested in the lime green touch up paint.
Couldn't find one that says it for the 400. So I figured up maybe its the same as the 300?

Color code is
KAW002

can anyone confirm if thats the same one. Thanks

In my previous bike I had the color code written at seat tail section of the bike, but cant find one at my green devil...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Kawasaki has 2 versions of the lime green; KAW002 and KAW068. They are very similar, the KAW068 is a tinge lighter/brighter. Was your ninja 300 a solid green or KRT edition?

It seems the KRT's use the KAW068. But best to comfirm with your dealer.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kawasaki has 2 versions of the lime green; KAW002 and KAW068. They are very similar, the KAW068 is a tinge lighter/brighter. Was your ninja 300 a solid green or KRT edition?

It seems the KRT's use the KAW068. But best to comfirm with your dealer.

I never had a 300, just took it as a refrence for the 400.

my 400 is a KRT.

I wont bother going to my dealer.. those numbnuts dont know one thing about the bikes they're selling.. meh

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE;

Well after emailing Kawasaki they told me to go by rsbikepaint website because they do not work by color codes..so much for an offical answer.
Anyway rsbikepaint website states that the color is KAW 777 or just lime green, must be their name to this color.
Ordered it received it today and the result is... avoid at all costs. Waste of your time and money.

Second picture (n2) is before applying it, third (n3) is after it got a bit dry and fourth (n4) is after scratching it off with microfiber towel.... made the scratch even bigger
Genuine piece of crap. Hopefully someones finds it effective in the future.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts