Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm beginning to be concerned. If y'all recall a while back I posted a pic of Sasquatch when I encountered him in Gordenville Mi.. Well during my ride today .... here he is again near Frankenmuth Mi.
View attachment 25248
Obviously he is on the move. Maybe I should have bought him a Mt. Dew back in Gordenville?
Is your name Jack Burton? He may have hitched a ride...

Organism Fang Art Cg artwork Event

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Coming out of a nice downhill corner I got a bit of a surprise coming out from hiding behind those weeds.....
Road surface Infrastructure Asphalt Automotive tire Grass

And before I could do anything more than register what I was seeing that little booger ran out and just barely missed hitting my rear wheel/license plate. I changed underwear when I got home.

·
Registered
2022 Z400ABS
57 Posts
Coming out of a nice downhill corner I got a bit of a surprise coming out from hiding behind those weeds.....
View attachment 25375
And before I could do anything more than register what I was seeing that little booger ran out and just barely missed hitting my rear wheel/license plate. I changed underwear when I got home.
Saw a LARGE black bear on my ride one night last week. He was in someone’s driveway only about 10-20’ off the road. It was so close, I almost didn’t think it was real. 😵

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
You know how many folks travel miles away from home to see the sights never realizing there are interesting things right close to home. During today's ride I discovered this little bit of local History in Burt Michigan 8 miles from my house . Never knew it was there.
Plant Grass Font Tree Landscape

Property Plant Building Window Door

And seeing as how I'm most assuredly not into opera I doubt I'll go by there again anytime soon.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Today seemed to be the day when all the stupid arrogant dipstick whackjob idiots who got their driver's license from a Cracker Jack box were out and about. Had one guy half in my lane blow his horn at me because I was in his way. I didn't get him on camera but at least the guy below did move over. Albeit grudgingly.
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Plant

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Today's ride was a bit unusual. I'll post the video of the turkey buzzard I hit square in the middle with my helmet then some pics off that video. I did have time to scrunch down so the bird hit the top of my helmet. That sound you hear is bird hitting helmet. One thing is for sure... although I have a sore neck from the impact I would not be alive if I were one of those folks who think helmets are not manly....
Pic 1
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Road surface

pic 2
Cloud Bird Sky Plant Road surface

Pic 3 just before impact......
Tire Plant Automotive tire Wheel Sky

Sadly, judging from the amount of feathers I found at the side of the road I think that bird hobbled off into the woods to die later.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
1,046 Posts
You got lucky for sure. 😬
Any lower hitting you and it would have been a face full of feathers. 😂🤪

One of the few times you'd see a wild turkey flying over a road. I wouldn't think that's a common thing for that species but hey I'm no bird expert but definitely something else to be aware of on our journeys. 🤙

141 - 160 of 171 Posts