Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ninja and I went out to play.....
View attachment 25047
and I'm going to have to change the rear tire soon. I can feel that step from when the lean angle takes the tire off the squared off portion and onto that narrow edge before getting a full contact patch at more lean. And I'll need to change the oil/filter in 300 miles. Wow, tires and oil. Two hot forum topics at the same time!😄
Just been there and did that. Getting a little pricey.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Went riding again today but still need to get another 200 miles on my Ninja so I can change oil/filter. Anyway a short video of how nice out it was.....
before riding straight into a gully washer of a storm. The rain came down so hard I got wet in places I only get wet in the shower. And even in the shower I have to get those places wet on purpose!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 · (Edited)
Played in some nice curves today. I wonder how many of us would be thinking about the upcoming driveway? And leave a margin just in case? Gotta admit sometimes I do and sometimes I get caught up in the fun. At the 17 second mark....
And then there was the pucker maker decreasing radius right hander. At the 22 second mark....
But the real scary thing was finding Sasquatch at the Gordenville store!!!!!!
Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Car

I thought about maybe buying him a Mt. Dew but thought maybe not a good idea. Imagine Sasquatch full of caffeine!!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I think I'm very lucky to have a couple of twisty roads to play on so close by. The furthest I have to go to play is 30 miles with this:
Plant Cloud Sky Asphalt Natural landscape

and this:
Sky Plant Cloud Tree Asphalt

just 5 miles from my driveway.
But today I wasn't exactly lucky all day because after the curves came some kind of bug finding a way past my jacket and under my shirt. And he must have been pissed because he started biting my more than ample belly.

I bet I looked odd to people in homes and passing traffic as I hopped and danced along side my bike at the edge of the road stripping and throwing items of clothing left and right.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Oldest son took me out to dinner for my birthday today. Big 74. Had crab stuffed grouper. Good stuff. But our plan to go play on some twisty roads with him on his 636 and me on my 200 not a Ninja was canceled by a big thunderstorm. We both got drenched before getting back to our respective homes. But the time spent with my boy was well worth getting wet.

·
Registered
2022 Z400ABS
55 Posts
Oldest son took me out to dinner for my birthday today. Big 74. Had crab stuffed grouper. Good stuff. But our plan to go play on some twisty roads with him on his 636 and me on my 200 not a Ninja was canceled by a big thunderstorm. We both got drenched before getting back to our respective homes. But the time spent with my boy was well worth getting wet.
Happy birthday! Truly a blessing to have your son bring you out to dinner——-better than any ride. I turned 55 last weekend, my boys (25, and 30) are just starting to be more interested in spending some time with dad. It’s been a rough go at times, I hope this positive trend continues.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Happy birthday! Truly a blessing to have your son bring you out to dinner——-better than any ride. I turned 55 last weekend, my boys (25, and 30) are just starting to be more interested in spending some time with dad. It’s been a rough go at times, I hope this positive trend continues.
The common ground that has glued my sons and I together through thick and thin, happiness and sadness, agreement and argument, has always been motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Finally a day without rain. Good thing because I've been wet twice so far this summer. It is refreshing to run into a courteous driver who gives bikes plenty of room. I try to give them a friendly wave so they know it's appreciated.....
Yeah, same here: I nod or wave. Hoping that it shows appreciation and encourages people to keep being courteous. I really appreciate them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Two funny things happened today... I pulled my nice green Ninja over in a store parking lot to check my phone and there was a cop car sitting in the middle of the back of the lot. So I checked my phone then idled on over alongside the cop car. The officer inside gave me a bit of a nasty look and tried to open his door but my bike was in the way so he rolled the window down and asked if he could help me. I just said.... Us older folks don't want you guys defunded. That is when he took a harder look at the face inside the helmet and realized I wasn't some young punk smarta..... The big smile on his face was priceless as he thanked me. And I rode away.

Later when I stopped for gas and had walked back to my bike a middle aged lady hollered out something about how she hoped she was doing as good as me when she got old. I said "Thank you". She wanted to know just how old I was and really was surprised I was 74. She took my picture next to my nice green Ninja several times then went back to her car.

So I got to pleasantly surprise 2 people today and all I had to do was live long enough to make it to old fart.

I did some riding too....
Plant Sky Natural landscape Branch Road surface

Plant Slope Road surface Asphalt Groundcover

·
Registered
2022 Z400ABS
55 Posts
Went for a bit of a ride hoping to not get wet again. Stopped for a moment at one of the rivers of mud we have around here: View attachment 25136
And then the sky got nasty looking so I headed for home. Parked in the driveway and it started to sprinkle as I was taking my helmet off. Pretty good timing!
Yer on a roll of good luck. Maybe a good time to buy some lotto tickets 😉

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Weatherman said rain today but it wasn't raining when I went riding in the afternoon. Well the roads didn't dry out from the morning rain and my little wanna be a Ninja KPR 200's Chinese tires gave me a bit of a thrill when they slid just a little........
And 10 minutes after I got home the weather radio spit out a severe thunderstorm warning. 20 minutes after that the sky opened up and it is still pouring with lots of lightning and thunder. And I am warm, dry, and happy I took jimpokrywka's advice and bought a lottery ticket when I filled up with gas on my way home.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
You are smarter than me. Last week one of my top dumbest ideas was "let's ride toward the dark, menacing but cool looking clouds that darkened the whole east part of the sky and let's hope that I make it to the next exit before it starts pouring down."
LOL..... been there and did that before. Long time ago I rode home in freezing rain. When I stopped for gas sheets of ice slid off my rain suit and went crashing to the ground. People looked at me funny when they heard the maniacal laughter coming out of my helmet.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts