Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Couldn't find a way to attach to camera case itself so attached to mounting hardware. And mounting hardware broke. So tether and some hardware was still there but no camera in case. I will have to get creative about mounting to the case itself with the new camera. Maybe come up with some kind of permanent attachment (drill a hole add small bolt that would void the warranty anyway) to the camera case.

Anyway, still like the camera and appreciate your telling me about it.
I haven't ever tethered mine either, so I hope you didn't take that as a smart @ss comment.
I haven't had any trouble with any of my mounts, but maybe I should start tethering?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I haven't ever tethered mine either, so I hope you didn't take that as a smart @ss comment.
I haven't had any trouble with any of my mounts, but maybe I should start tethering?
I didn't take your comment in any negative way. :) I thought more clarification might be helpful. I will be tethering my new camera but I don't know how to manage it yet while maintaining the waterproofing of the case. The tether will have to be attached to the case in some way instead of to mounting hardware or I will end up losing that camera too. Thing is I still need to be able to quickly and easily detach the case/camera when leaving the bike parked or deciding to use the camera when riding my other bike.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Out riding today between thunderstorms. I heard if you ride fast enough the raindrops can't hit you. Well, they lied.
Anyway... tilted the horizon a bit.
Plant Sky Cloud Plant community Road surface

And found this just the other day. This used to be a main road back in the day. It's amazing how fast Mother Nature can reclaim her land.
Plant Plant community Road surface Natural landscape Grass

And then there was a glimpse of this....
Plant Tree Evergreen Groundcover Shrub

And now this old iron bridge is only used by fishermen and folks taking a quiet walk.
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Branch

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Played tilting the horizon again today.....
Sky Cloud Plant Road surface Tree

I'm not sure if y'all can see it but there is one of those yappy little dogs near the car's right rear tire. But whatever was going on here I erred on the side of caution and grabbed lots of brake and just idled on past. I'll play in that upcoming curve next time.
Land vehicle Car Plant Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
After a hot and super humid day the temperature came down a bit this evening so I got my not a Ninja Chinese sorta sport bike out for a ride. On my way to some curves I came up behind two young guys on dirt bikes. They were wearing helmets and motocross type clothing. Stuff good for falling down in dirt but not so good for protection from pavement. They saw me following them.

I held back a bit leaving plenty of room between them and me and waited to see what they were going to do in the upcoming curves. They dove into the first one pretty hot and carried their speed through the next 2 easy curves looking good. Then came the really sharp decreasing radius left hander.....

The first guy made it through without any problems but the second guy took a split second to look back and see where I was. Trouble is he was almost at the curve's entry when he broke his concentration to look back and that caused him to not make the curve. I watched as he went to brakes and with the combination of momentary attention interruption and knobby tires that don't have a lot of traction on pavement he ran off the pavement and came super close to hitting the guard rail.

It all ended well with no one hurt and I wish those 2 young fellows many years of two wheeled fun but that incident reminded me just how dangerous it is to lose concentration even if only for a split second.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts