·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
Yep, it was me.
Not the best cam out there, but the best for my hard earned $.
I enjoy watching your videos now, instead of waking from a seizure wondering what happened? :)
Subscribed to your channel, mine is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVTuypHONO-LL6CWJ-NLXTw
And I subscribed to yours. :) Nice video of Jennings. I know that had to be so much fun!!! Thanks for the pointing me to that camera. That camera makes much better videos than that shirt pocket recorder I was using. It's nice to not end up with my head bobbing like a head banger after watching one.

Hmmm... you have some nice roads in our neck of the woods.

·
Registered
320 Posts
And I subscribed to yours. :) Nice video of Jennings. I know that had to be so much fun!!! Thanks for the pointing me to that camera. That camera makes much better videos than that shirt pocket recorder I was using. It's nice to not end up with my head bobbing like a head banger after watching one.

Hmmm... you have some nice roads in our neck of the woods.
I don't have any videos up of my neck of the woods yet.
Jennings is 8hrs away, Polecat is 1.5hrs away, Suches is almost 4hrs away.
I took some video today of a street ride through Bankhead forest. Nothing overly exciting, but it is my neck of the woods.
I may put it up on youtube.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Looks like I will have a chance to catch up on indoor chores today. Big thunderstorm with hail coming my way in a few minutes. But that's OK. I went riding this morning. Played in this little bit of a dip in the road. The pavement is super rough though.
And a quick left to right...
And although it's hard to see..... Bambi made an appearance!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Went riding 3 separate times today. Oh wait... actually I used both my bikes as transportation so that isn't really riding. Anyway, the valves on my KPR 200 not a Ninja need adjusting and my youngest son said he would help do it tomorrow. It's not a big job but it is a good opportunity for some father and son time. Gonna be lots of dirty jokes and maybe laughing at a fart or two. Bikes have a way of bringing Dads and kids together.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Had a great time with my boy (doesn't matter how old he gets he will always be my boy) working on the KPR. Funny how it used to be me doing all the work on his Yamaha TY 80 when he was a kid and now it is him doing most of the work on my bikes. I kinda help (actually get in the way like he did back then) but he does the work.

Anyway, the bike now runs great and no farts were harmed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
When I went out in the garage this morning I was struck by my Ninja looking at me with sad puppy eyes but that changed to an eager to please exhaust note as I fired it up. Off we went and I swear the engine was leaping in joy as we pulled out of the driveway. So here are some videos of my favorite road from one end to the other. I did leave in some of the boring stuff and the kamikaze bird too.

I just noticed the date and time stamp is wrong .... dang it. New fangled electronic stuff requires an 8 year old to sort out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
😫😭🤬 Went for a ride today. Got some tilting the horizon videos. Even got off the bike and took a walk to get some really great video of an old iron bridge from on the bridge itself. Then rode down a very bumpy road and hit a huge bump that made my butt hurt. That's when I noticed my camera was gone. I stopped and looked in the overgrown mess on both sides of the road. Even rode back slowly to that iron bridge. All to no avail.

I contacted Akaso to see if they will cover it because a small screw in their mounting hardware broke allowing the mounts, the case, and the camera to disappear. Seems there is a mix up since a friend ordered it but I warranty registered it under my name. I'm sure it will all work out OK.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Went riding yesterday and I am amazed at how many people seem to think they can use the whole road. Their lane and mine too. Must think motorcycles are small and don't need much road. That has got to be my biggest pet peeve.

And had an idiot begin to turn left right in front of me (pucker time!), saw me and stopped half in his lane and half in mine with traffic behind him slamming on their brakes. No one crashed so that's good.

Anyway, after many emails because my friend bought the camera as a gift for me and I registered it for warranty. Why that should matter I don't know but Akaso is giving me a refund of half the price of a new camera to replace the one I lost due to a mounting bracket failing. New camera should be here on Monday.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Went riding yesterday and I am amazed at how many people seem to think they can use the whole road. Their lane and mine too. Must think motorcycles are small and don't need much road. That has got to be my biggest pet peeve.

And had an idiot begin to turn left right in front of me (pucker time!), saw me and stopped half in his lane and half in mine with traffic behind him slamming on their brakes. No one crashed so that's good.

Anyway, Akaso is giving me a refund of half the price of a new camera to replace the one I lost due to a mounting bracket failing. New camera should be here on Monday.
Good to know they actually somewhat stand behind the product.
I have had mine for a couple of years, and didn't register for what I figured would be a worthless warranty.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
Good to know they actually somewhat stand behind the product.
I have had mine for a couple of years, and didn't register for what I figured would be a worthless warranty.
Considering the amount of hassle and frustration my friend and I went through... we both were emailing Akaso.... I'd say the warranty isn't worthless. Just semi worthless.

Edited to add:
It's good to know the camera will last at least a couple of years.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Considering the amount of hassle and frustration my friend and I went through... we both were emailing Akaso.... I'd say the warranty isn't worthless. Just semi worthless.

Edited to add:
It's good to know the camera will last at least a couple of years.
If you use the included tether, I guess.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
If you use the included tether, I guess.
Couldn't find a way to attach to camera case itself so attached to mounting hardware. And mounting hardware broke. So tether and some hardware was still there but no camera in case. I will have to get creative about mounting to the case itself with the new camera. Maybe come up with some kind of permanent attachment (drill a hole add small bolt that would void the warranty anyway) to the camera case.

Anyway, still like the camera and appreciate your telling me about it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Today was perfect riding weather. Warm enough to be comfortable riding and not super hot waiting at stop lights. Rode one of my favorites loops backwards. I like to do that occasionally because it makes a familiar ride a whole different road.

On May 6th I posted this:
some old fart in a pickup truck saw me in his rear views and immediately straddled the double yellow line. I mean he was half in one lane and half in the other. I waited to see if he was just enjoying his drive or if he really was playing rolling roadblock on purpose.

Well after a full half mile it was obviously on purpose and going over my options I didn't want to stay behind him and end up dealing with worse if he stopped blocking me and there weren't any side roads to escape down so I faked a pass on the right but zipped by on the left. Rather quickly.
Well, wouldn't ya know today I came up behind that same old fart, on the same road, on my way into town and he did the same crap again. I am sure I'm not the only bike rider he does that to.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts