Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

With the sad discontinuation(?) of the Power RS, and the Power 5/GP not having our little bike sizes, what should I pair the front with once the rear goes out? Or shall I just not be cheap and get a new set front and rear?

My next tire choices were originally going to be either the M9RR, Q3+, or potentially the Rosso 3. They have 140 in the Power Cup EVOs, but that may not be ideal as the bike currently doesn't see much track day until I bite the bullet and get a hitch installed to the vehicle. I prefer steeper profiles.

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
682 Posts
i have RSs in stock for the small bikes. cup evos is what I use in place of the RSs

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have RSs in stock for the small bikes. cup evos is what I use in place of the RSs
Ah awesome. I probably have a few more months to a year before I need to replace the rear. Haven't been riding as much.

Personally, do you see an issue with an RS front and Cup evo rear? Aside from the slight lack of grip from a older/heat-cycled front. If so, I might just get a rear RS on standby.

·
Registered
682 Posts
has this bike been to the track? are the tyres new(did you get em new) how many miles on em

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
has this bike been to the track? are the tyres new(did you get em new) how many miles on em
It's done one day at Big Willow, a track with long fast sweepers. They were mounted (new) a year + 2 days ago, and have 3k miles.
I run 29f/27r psi on the street/canyon. I heard that you should be running 31 psi minimum on the front, but I like the feel better at 28-29. Although when heavy braking, I do feel like the front is squishing a bit. But I rarely need to brake that hard on the street.

Edit: I'm guesstimating half of those miles are going to the canyons, doing 1-2 runs, then heading home. I don't run super hard in the canyon, but definitely not crawling.

·
Registered
682 Posts
untill you get to the wear markers you're fine.you well never get the tyres to full temp on the srteet,so you can't consider any type of "cycling" this bike is so good on tyres,change as needed.use evos at track no RSs and 33/25 is recommended

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
untill you get to the wear markers you're fine.you well never get the tyres to full temp on the srteet,so you can't consider any type of "cycling" this bike is so good on tyres,change as needed.use evos at track no RSs and 33/25 is recommended
Noted, Thanks for the info/tips!
1) How are the evos for canyon/street? Will they be too cold to even function decently,or as long as I warm them slightly, it'll hook fine?
2) 33/25 ambient I presume? I'm the type who likes to know the science/details. How come the extra psis against Michelins track recommendations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts