Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hello
think I asked about this before,
why cant I see any thumbnail pics what do I have to do?

This is probably something that a moderator or site admin should probably answer..
With that said lol..
For "me", there was nothing special to turn on or off in user settings. They just appear.
I would assume it might be what you are using to view the forums.
I use windows 10 and firefox browser with no issues.
The site also works with Google and Explorer browsers in Windows 10 with no issues.
all set with moderate security in the browser settings.
When viewing with an Amazon FIRE (Silk Browser).. I don't see the thumbnails in messages, but I do see a LINK with the word Attached and file name, which I can press.. I do see the Username with their Thumbnail though and embedded youtube videos.. BTW, the quality of youtube sound really sucks on a FIRE..I.E. the exhaust examples here compared to a good speaker setup with a PC...jus'sayin

Some more information on the device and software you are using might help someone with the same setup to chime in.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Yep, it will most likely be something at your end.
Suggest sending a PM to administrator telling them what device and browser you are using.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thanks Kiwi
Ive sent the message im on windows 10 and internet explorer
I've never liked internet explorer. Try changing browsers. Google Chrome is awesome, so is Firefox.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm pretty sure thumbnails only appear if the pictures are a link to original image hosted somewhere else and if the picture is uploaded directly into the thread there is no thumbnail and it appears as filename01.jpg

I could be wrong though ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm pretty sure thumbnails only appear if the pictures are a link to original image hosted somewhere else and if the picture is uploaded directly into the thread there is no thumbnail and it appears as filename01.jpg

I could be wrong though ;)

And would be..:angel::nerd::angel:

This post has a picture uploaded as a thumbnail to Ninja400riders.com
and should be seen fine under his setup. Or with devices like Amazon Fire (silk browser etc) you will see a ATTACHED: and file name you can click on. That is the normal way for VBulletin to work..the program I assume used here. (or form of)

ofcourse this image right below, is inside the message placed in a different way, but was also a bottom thumbnail at a time..... the system is working fine for "me".
ramstem-gps.jpg

to put an image from a URL (the web), you just add the address of the image..
https://i.imgur.com/hAJhtaL.png with the IMG command

All images appear fine that are uploaded to the website.. with the proper end user setup.
Under Win10, Internet Explorer Works fine here for me.. as does Edge, Firefox, Opera and Chrome..

He has some other issue going on.. could be a blocker.. could be a security setting..
It's the internet..it could be anything including a very low internet speed grabbing images...:grin::nerd::grin:

He could also take a screen shot as to what he sees for further help (like the image I inserted above).. using free program like ShareX or there is actually a feature in Firefox now that you just right click the screen and can take a screenshot.. just some thoughts.. heck..I dunno..I am old...just trying to be helpful... old people do that...even when not asked.. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no known security blockers or settings that would cause not see the thumbnail pics.
My internet speed is 100 plus gs,its fibre cable which is the best in uk
.so its not that

·
Registered
440 Posts
Only other suggestion is to try another browser to see if that fixes anything..

to at least end the idea of browser error..

firefox is a pretty good one.. https://www.mozilla.org

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have no known security blockers or settings that would cause not see the thumbnail pics.
.so its not that
Good morning yall...

stikflote by chance do you have Java script turned off - Java script is used to display the thumbnails....!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
.so its not that

·
Registered
656 Posts
.so its not that
I believe I have your Issue resolved - Sir please check and verify this screen..!

Follow this path --> Internet options --> Click Security --> Click Custom level --> find about half way down the page - Display Mixed Content --> Click Enable --> Click yes to the pop-up --> Click Apply --> Click OK --> Restart Internet Explorer.

You should now see Attached thumbnails.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello Mr Mike,
have checked that all seems to be in order ,I can see the pics of your bike but not others,such as the bikes in gallery
keith

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hello Mr Mike,
have checked that all seems to be in order ,I can see the pics of your bike but not others,such as the bikes in gallery
keith
Is mixed content Enabled sir...?

Can you see the Bike Photo and the Attached Thumbnail or link at the bottom in my previous post. Please go back and fallow the path above the photo in my previous post that I set for you. then restart Internet Explorer. Thanks...

I used Internet explorer in window 10, After I made this change and reloaded Internet explorer I could see thumbnails sir, Note: before I started I reset all zones to default levels.

Last but not least to check is, You don't happen to be running the forums in Mobile Viewing Mode..? That will also kill thumbnails.

Can you post a screen shot of what you do see on the forums, like my post with the bike... Can you see if your edge browser shows Thumbnails.. and report back please...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts