Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering what do I need to do or buy to get a better throttle response I will have a shop install it. Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried the 08+ r6 throttle tube and it was sticking. I went with the 05 r6 tube and it worked out great. The turn is1/5 vs 1/4. After the install, I was able to go WOT without having to readjust my grip.

Important note though is to make sure that the slack in the throttle has been corrected. I had a good amount of play on the throttle and after getting rid of the play, it the throttle felt great. I'd personally adjust the throttle first before doing any mods. It is easy to do since it is just a screw type where the cable meets the throttle switch assembly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried the 08+ r6 throttle tube and it was sticking. I went with the 05 r6 tube and it worked out great. The turn is1/5 vs 1/4. After the install, I was able to go WOT without having to readjust my grip.

Important note though is to make sure that the slack in the throttle has been corrected. I had a good amount of play on the throttle and after getting rid of the play, it the throttle felt great. I'd personally adjust the throttle first before doing any mods. It is easy to do since it is just a screw type where the cable meets the throttle switch assembly.
Exactly what I needed to know, thanks! That 1/4 twist has got to go for me, personally.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Exactly what I needed to know, thanks! That 1/4 twist has got to go for me, personally.
If it helps, this is what I bought http://a.co/0PO5PVp. It is the 2005 R6 throttle tube. I paired that with some Hush Puppies grips and I love them :smile: I really wished that the 1/6 turns worked for me but I didn't feel like spending more time on trying to get it to work vs actually riding.

I believe the OEM version comes with the grip installed already for around $15. When I ordered the 2008 version (1/6 turn), it came with the grip installed. I ordered that one from Partzilla. That throttle tube is now installed on my wife's R3 and it is really easy to WOT the bike now.

Quick tip though is to use compress air to slide the old grips on or off.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it helps, this is what I bought http://a.co/0PO5PVp. It is the 2005 R6 throttle tube. I paired that with some Hush Puppies grips and I love them :smile: I really wished that the 1/6 turns worked for me but I didn't feel like spending more time on trying to get it to work vs actually riding.

I believe the OEM version comes with the grip installed already for around $15. When I ordered the 2008 version (1/6 turn), it came with the grip installed. I ordered that one from Partzilla. That throttle tube is now installed on my wife's R3 and it is really easy to WOT the bike now.

Quick tip though is to use compress air to slide the old grips on or off.
That link that you sent me I just bought it so it works for the ninja 400?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone wondering the link provided above for the amazon throttle tube works! Just been installed on my bike makes a big difference get it! No sticking no nothint

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sooo sorry for not responding. Work has been really busy lately. Glad to hear it worked out.

Anyone wondering the link provided above for the amazon throttle tube works! Just been installed on my bike makes a big difference get it! No sticking no nothint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts