Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a garage to keep my precious 400 in, and one day I came outside to find my 400 laying on its side! (likely caused by a very windy night) As I get on the motorcycle and begin driving it around to make sure it's still running good, I find that the throttle doesn't snap back to its original position. Rather when I twist the throttle it sticks, and I have to manually untwist it back to its original position.

Anybody got any experience in fixing this issue?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Try to loosen off your bar end weight, and retighten. It's probably been knocked when the bike fell over.

It would probably pay to check that your clip on is still straight as well.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Had the same thing, took it to the dealer and they fixed it for free. Sorry, can't help you more but I can encourage you that in my case it seemed to have been a very minor thing, something twisted. If you're mechanically inclined, you can take it apart and see what's wrong. Do you have the service manual? It could help.

·
Registered
930 Posts
PS: I have a Z 400, not a Ninja, so I am not familiar with clip-ons (just read pwalo's reply).

·
Registered
620 Posts
I doubt the cables got damaged, if refitting the bar end doesn't work then you will have to open the housing as well and check the cables...

·
Director of Moderation
3,020 Posts
Means the throttle tube is rubbing on something. Could be a bunch of dirt/debris inside, or caused by a bent clip-on bar, or something else is bent or moved out of place such that the hand grip rubs on. Pretty easy to figure out what the issue is by looking at it while you twist the throttle. Easy fix too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts