Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Another hard learnt lesson: get a bike lock!!

My bike was stolen from a shuttered garage over the weekend!! :(

There's another bike which was parked literally right outside the garage and they didn't take notice of it, probably because it had a disc lock on it.

If you can afford it, I'd definitely recommend getting either the chain or disc lock.

·
Registered
440 Posts
So sorry for your bad luck... :( Hopefully it is going to get replaced!!
Disc alarm was one of the first things I purchased for mine.. it wont stop them..

but they best hope I don't hear it go off..;-)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi!

Another hard learnt lesson: get a bike lock!!

My bike was stolen from a shuttered garage over the weekend!! :(

There's another bike which was parked literally right outside the garage and they didn't take notice of it, probably because it had a disc lock on it.

If you can afford it, I'd definitely recommend getting either the chain or disc lock.
I hope you had full coverage, garentee its someone that sees you park it, that lives near by..

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
That's rotten. Insured?
Yeah anything that can deter them or slow them down/make noise is worth investing in.
There's some scum in this world unfortunately. I've just been absent from home for a couple of weeks so took my bike around to a mates garage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Luckily I have insurance, but $500 deductible plus I now get to have the fun of negotiating the value of the bike with my insurance company :/ all because I was too dim to put a **** lock on it :((

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My neighbor, who also rides, told me that the R6 parked a few spots down was also stolen recently. Go figure! Guessing you're right about someone who lives here doing it. The garage is way off the main street towards the back of the property...

·
Registered
502 Posts
My neighbor, who also rides, told me that the R6 parked a few spots down was also stolen recently. Go figure! Guessing you're right about someone who lives here doing it. The garage is way off the main street towards the back of the property...
You didnt have any locks on the door of the garage?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Some little aboriginal rats just stole my gloves and rader detector from my bike while i was in the store for less than 30 seconds :/ tough week

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You didnt have any locks on the door of the garage?
It's a shared garage with others in the apartment community.

Garage has metal gates that only open if you have a remote. There are doors that open with keys and a door with a keypad.

I'm guessing it's someone that lives here or they just waited for someone to enter and then tailgated inside :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some little aboriginal rats just stole my gloves and rader detector from my bike while i was in the store for less than 30 seconds :/ tough week
That sucks dude. There are some really nice humans out there too. Don't let the bad ones get to you. There's a lot of good being done. We've just been targeted this time, unfortunately :/

Lessons learnt!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Turns out another person was also targeted in the same community. And the community management recently changed their security provider... Suspicious AF!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Turns out another person was also targeted in the same community. And the community management recently changed their security provider... Suspicious AF!!

You live in a community with "security"? how novel..:clap:
I use webcams, alarms and smith and wesson... :grin::nerd::grin:
Really though..in this day and age a webcam/security cam is very cheap and it may not save the bike..
But hopefully it will help them find the culprit.. also gps tracking devices are cheap..just a thought...
Don't count on anyone to protect you, your family or your items.. jus'my opinion...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Dang I should look into one of these locks. Any suggestions? Is there anything I can snap on the wheel really fast?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dang I should look into one of these locks. Any suggestions? Is there anything I can snap on the wheel really fast?
There are many alarm systems for bike just like cars.. with remote start.. remote movement announcing.. etc etc ..

I would suggest at least a Disc lock.. something with an alarm on it.. they are only a deterrent.. your steering lock can be popped in under a minute and the disc lock can be picked or grind off in another minute... least the Alarm and the need for a grinder will make some noise and hopefully make them move on to the next bike in fear of an owner with a Smith&Wesson.. Disc locks are fast on with one press and off with a turn of a key. They are about the size of your hand and a pound in weight... but don't forget to have a cable reminder to go with it.. they may damage the bike and you if you forget to remove it before driving off....:grin::nerd::grin:

Any Disc Lock like this with the cable reminder: https://amzn.to/2P00DYh

The GPS device needs a service and that would be dependent on everyones personal location and either the devices service plan or a phone company sim card.. so that takes some homework...

Oh the world we live in... sigh

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is my worst fear. You put so much time, money, and heart into a bike; it angers me that someone would feloniously take it. I currently use a disc lock and a handlebar lock that grips either my handlebar and clutch or my throttle and front brake. I highly recommend (http://a.co/d/7sAYCxF).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts