Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 400 ABS
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a Delkevic full exhaust system (13.5" titanium pipe with the stainless headers). I also got a Power Commander V that requires you to take off the fairings, gas tank, and air box.

The tank was not easy to get off due to the rubber grommets in the front holding it in pretty strongly. I went to dislodge the right side of the tank (to get it up enough to access and disconnect the fuel line) and apparently yanked a little too hard, because when I looked the fuel rail was just hanging there attached to nothing.

Initially, I thought I broke the fuel line off (which is cool, because by chance I happened to buy a spare off eBay just because it was cheap). Then I saw the plastic nipple from the fuel injector rail was still in there and I had that, "Oh, no." moment.

It was easy to remove, I called the dealer and he said it was a $75.00 part, so I told him I will bring it in with me and I ordered it up. With tax and shipping, it was a $95.00 part and he said he will have it by that Tuesday or Wednesday. That was 5 days away, no big deal.

After not hearing from him on Wednesday, I called there Thursday and was told the part is on back order and they will call me when it is in stock.

So a week later, I decided to splurge and get the Spears racing aluminum version, as I felt it would be much better and not be so frail. I ordered it and paid extra for overnight shipping. That was last Thursday, by Tuesday it was still not shipped out, so I called them only to find out they will not have them in stock until at least May. So I got me refund from that and still no fuel rail!

That same Tuesday, a guy happened to be selling one for $20.00 on eBay, came off a 2021 Ninja 400 with 384 miles on it. Overnight shipping was available for $30.00 and I was prepared to spend around $100.00 for a new one, so I paid $50.00 total and was supposed to have it by Wednesday (April 7th).

As of this morning, with a planned delivery of April 7th according the the tracking, it just left the Georgia sorting facility and I likely will not get it until Saturday or Monday. The third fuel injector rail I ordered and still none on hand. In the meantime, my N400 sits there, calling to me with no fairings, tank, or airbox.

Nearly 2 full weeks my Ninja 400 has been down now, what a major bummer! Quite a poor design choice by Kawasaki, I did not even pull that hard but it was enough to snap the plastic fuel injector rail like a twig!

In essence, you remove that fuel tank, be careful with that fuel injector rail as it is extremely frail!

Reactions: jd41

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yup. I don't need one but I'm waiting to order one from Spears once they make more. I contacted Gregg and I'll be a couple of weeks until available. I'd rather have it and not need than have unnecessary down time.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 400 ABS
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. I don't need one but I'm waiting to order one from Spears once they make more. I contacted Gregg and I'll be a couple of weeks until available. I'd rather have it and not need than have unnecessary down time.
Totally worth it for peace of mind, I will still end up getting the Spears version once they are back in stock. I did end up getting the eBay one on Monday and my Ninja 400 is now running and runs even better than ever.

Reactions: jd41
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.