Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Givi BF29 attaching flange for the GIVI tan kbag DOES FIT the Ninja 400. . I just put one on my own bike. It took about thirty minutes to figure out how to attach it because no instructions were included with the locking ring. I was about to give up before I finally found the technique.

Installation notes::
1: Open your gas tank lid. Put something into the lid opening to avoid dropping items into the tank.

2:Remove the four allen bolts attaching the gas door assembly to the motorcycle. Remove the entire gas door assembly.

3: You WILL NOT be reusing the silver plastic ring that used to surround the tank opening and it MUST be removed to attach the locking ring.

$ Turn the gas tank door assembly over and you will notice two tiny screws with green locktite on them These must be removed in order to remove the now unneeded gray decorative flange than used to surround the gas tank opening. Don't lose these tiny screws becase they will immediately be reused to remount the gas tank door to the two very small plastic holes on the new Givi flange. (yes, they are there)

5: Now the new locking ring should fit. Reinstall the four allen bolts. Keep the old silver plastic flange in a safe place so it can be reinstalled if you decide to remove the locking ring in the future.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Thanks for the info. Hopefully it helps someone in the future. I just recently purchased a Cortech Super 2.0 24L tail bag. I haven’t mounted it yet, but I’ll post a brief thread here when I do...

Now let me state the obvious question...

Where da pics?...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts