Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test riding in Thailand

Unfortunately all the dialogue in this clip is in Thai but interesting to see the bikes circulating.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is that a kids' track lol? I hate riding like this when you're not able to feel the power of your bike, however, it's probably the best way to understand motorcycle handlings.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like the Ninja 400 may have hit the dealer show rooms in Thailand which isn't too surprising considering they are manufactured there. Unfortunately this clip is all in Thai language but may be of interest to some. Any thoughts on the red/black colour option they have there?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good to hear the bike running which is all we can really get from this but its too bad it was just causal riding. I don't speak chinese but hopefully someone here can and translate what is being said.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear the bike running which is all we can really get from this but its too bad it was just causal riding. I don't speak chinese but hopefully someone here can and translate what is being said.
It's Thai language and he said " Fwoooar, this new Ninja is flippin awesome bro!! :smile_big:

On a more serious note I thought the exhaust note sounded reasonably deep for a Euro 4 strangulated Parallel twin of 400cc.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's Thai language and he said " Fwoooar, this new Ninja is flippin awesome bro!! :smile_big:

On a more serious note I thought the exhaust note sounded reasonably deep for a Euro 4 strangulated Parallel twin of 400cc.
Agreed! I was a bit surprised about the exhaust. I think I’m getting impatient now...

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thai riders getting their orders.

I joined the facebook group Ninja 400 Club Thailand to see what's going on there and it looks like the guys are starting to receive their bikes.
From what I can gather through the google translator this chap below Kridnaphat Singsakda is the first in the club to get his new machine. Hope he doesn't mind me sharing his good moment. That black/red colour option is growing on me.

25532251_1556523797765595_6321698701004891791_o.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
There are a now several Thai videos on YT but most of them are people just talking about their bike in Thai, no on-board GoPro clips giving the bike the beans.

With the pending changes in tax laws, I may have to pass on any motorcycle purchases for 2018, we'll see.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Heard exactly what I wanted to and the most important point from it is, the Ninja 400 feels just like the Ninja 300...just with the extra bit of more we were all looking for. I guess if this was a Ninja 450, for example, expectations would be a bit different.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can assure you that you'll learn a lot on a track like this, and test riding like this can be as hard as you dare to press it. you can easily scrape your knees. Granted you cannot take it to top speed, but you can test the handling, brakes and tires. You can take it to top RPM, see how the engine spins freely, test the transmission and shifting thru gears.

·
Registered
244 Posts
@Wheelinthai, I hope you have some means to post a video of your new bike and laps around the track after delivery. It sure would be nice for those of us who are waiting on our dealers to deliver.
Wishing you the best,
Rde09

·
Registered
244 Posts
@Wheelinthai, Looks like your coach is not far from dragging the side stand on this turn. Nice to see you can have a great angle of attack to a turn without slinging side stand sparks and slag onto the riders behind you (which I have been accused of before on an old Italian bike. Yeah Kiwi I was guilty of trying to ride with the big dogs when I should of stayed on the porch at home)

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Wheelinthai, Looks like your coach is not far from dragging the side stand on this turn. Nice to see you can have a great angle of attack to a turn without slinging side stand sparks and slag onto the riders behind you (which I have been accused of before on an old Italian bike. Yeah Kiwi I was guilty of trying to ride with the big dogs when I should of stayed on the porch at home)
Ha ha! Yeah good to see the new Ninja has better clearance than those old 70's and 80's bikes.
Gear lever was first thing to touch on my old Duke 900 and it was ground sharp like a chisel.
Worst bike though was an old R65 Beemer, center stand used to grind real bad. Tipped me off at the Isle of Man during a bit of 'over enthusiasm' on the Mad Sunday ride. :D
Pegs were first thing to touch on my CBR300 and this is more ideal as the OEM ones fold back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts