Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've only gone out on my new N400 4 times and am already starting to see some paint damage on the tank because of my jacket's zipper. Nothing too bad, but noticeable when in direct light. So obviously I'm going to get a tank pad as soon as possibe and will put some duct tape on my zipper until I do.

The tank pad Kawasaki offers ( https://www.kawasaki.com/accessories/item/tank-pad/999941039 ) doesn't seem too big, and I think some of the scratches I have are in the area between the middle part and the left part of the tank pad if that makes sense. People that have this tank pad, what is your experience with this tank pad? Does it cover enough area, will it protect my tank for any more scratches?

I have looked at other tank pads like Techspec, but the middle part seems even smaller (in width), it's also hard to come by in Europe, and shipping from US is almost as expensive as the pad itself.

Also, is there any way I can get rid of the scratches I already have? I hate to see the beautiful paint get scratched up :crying:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I choose the genuine parts tank pad but stuck it lower than expected in the instructions :

On the bottom I put a piece of clear paint protection film :

1 - 3 of 3 Posts