Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Motorcycle

Sky Cloud Plant Road surface Asphalt

Water Sky Cloud Blue Sunlight

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Branch

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Natural landscape Vegetation

Deals Gap is closed for the season thank goodness. 2 leisurely passes. Tourists have mostly gone home til next year. No dodging Porches and Corvettes. Was able to actually enjoy the scenery, it was freakin' great! 120 mi.counting the whole Foothills Parkway twice, once wasn't enough with virtually no traffic🐉
I know you folks get tired of my pics, just mountains and stuff but I like putting them out there

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tracy, I Never tire of your chronicles. Reading and looking at your posts allows me to live vicariously through your rides. I do however recognize a few of those images. All great memories…. Keep up the eye candy and ’Tales‘ of the Dragon!!!!!!!

RK
You are right RK, Some of today's pics were the route we rode in what? 2019?

·
Registered
53 Posts
View attachment 26432
View attachment 26433
View attachment 26431
View attachment 26429
View attachment 26430
Deals Gap is closed for the season thank goodness. 2 leisurely passes. Tourists have mostly gone home til next year. No dodging Porches and Corvettes. Was able to actually enjoy the scenery, it was freakin' great! 120 mi.counting the whole Foothills Parkway twice, once wasn't enough with virtually no traffic🐉
I know you folks get tired of my pics, just mountains and stuff but I like putting them out there
Was you heading back toward Maryville on foothills around 4? I passed someone had bike looked like yours on my way back to pigeon forge on foothills.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep I'll bet that was me. I Was wearing a jacket with yellowi/green reflective panels. I kinda remember passing a Harley and maybe an adventure bike maybe? Were you on the N400?

·
Registered
72 Posts
View attachment 26432
View attachment 26433
View attachment 26431
View attachment 26429
View attachment 26430
Keep posting. Love the scenery. A beautiful Horizon without houses and buildings is a calming sight.🌲

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok. Tale of the Dragon 11-23-22 Thurs. Thanksgiving day.
Wheel Tire Plant Sky Automotive lighting

Cloud Sky Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Natural landscape Road surface Asphalt

Sky Plant community Ecoregion Natural landscape Plant

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Road surface

The 11miles of the Dragon were almost as deserted as today's pic at Deals Gap. It was great! Left home at 11 and got to Deals Gap at noon, grabbed a water out of my bag and rocked on into western N.C. on some of my favorite not so secret backroads. One goes by a privately owned trout farm and the Appalachian Trail. N.Carolina has the best riding, miles and miles of rural mountain roads
Got back home about 4. Perfect weather

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Tracy... I couldn't ride today (too cold out) and needed some eye candy.
Glad I could oblige. Rode the Dragon two days in a row, skipped today. Riding it in the off season is so enjoyable, you can relax and concentrate on your ride, entry, exit, setting up for the next one. During summer season it is very difficult due to having to be so alert of other riders and vehicles (Dummies). Tomorrow fellow forum member Construct and I plan to meet up and ride.
🐉

1 - 16 of 16 Posts