Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I received in the mail and fitted these bobbins this week. I went for these ones because they were the only 8mm red ones I could find with a black cap screw. It's all about the colour co-ordination :D

Just got to sort my rear stand now. I've got an old under fork front stand that I'm going to modify.

P1000117.JPG

P1000120.JPG

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got these 8mm ATOM spools from Amazon, they were my first mod and work great.

They have stainless bolts behind the "cap" and are well made. I got them because I liked the clean look.
They look great and I may buy a set. Based on the pics on Amazon, the vendor brand are on the spools. Did you install yours in such a way where the branding is on the bottom and more hidden?

·
Registered
423 Posts
They look great and I may buy a set. Based on the pics on Amazon, the vendor brand are on the spools. Did you install yours in such a way where the branding is on the bottom and more hidden?
Nevermind. If the hex caps are free spinning from the spool, then I can understand how the brand can be positioned to be less visible. I just ordered the ones in black on Amazon.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes I did. The "cap" is threaded also but has no branding, which reminds me I need to check they are tight as I didn't put any thread locker on those (just the bolts).
Thanks for confirming!

·
Registered
108 Posts
The spool has a separate stainless steel bolt going through it, so you can set it in any position you like and then tighten. The cap then screws on to cover the screw for a clean look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got these 8mm ATOM spools from Amazon, they were my first mod and work great.

They have stainless bolts behind the "cap" and are well made. I got them because I liked the clean look.
Bought the same ones, and installed yesterday! Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, Lunchbox. it somehow got into my head that the N300 and N400 use the same size spools (i.e., components common between the two models). Now I can start looking for the right ones.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts