Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I got a good deal on a red 2021 Z400. I'm loving the bike, but not crazy about the color. I was thinking about buying black plastics and swapping the red pieces. So the fender, front and rear seat cowls. Has anyone done this? I'm having trouble picking out the exact part numbers based on the available part diagrams. Not sure if they make black plastics that will fit my 2021.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki EX400HJF Ninja, 2020 Kawasaki Z400
14 Posts
Hi all. I got a good deal on a red 2021 Z400. I'm loving the bike, but not crazy about the color. I was thinking about buying black plastics and swapping the red pieces. So the fender, front and rear seat cowls. Has anyone done this? I'm having trouble picking out the exact part numbers based on the available part diagrams. Not sure if they make black plastics that will fit my 2021.
Kawasaki's in-house color-code for the black pieces on your bike is 739 (Metallic Flat Sparkle Black). This should help you find the correct part number if you order from Kawasaki. However, some of the black pieces (like the front fender) are available only for Canadian models. Also, you will find that Kaw wants ridiculous prices for these parts - it would probably be cheaper to take your original pieces to a local paint shop. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kawasaki's in-house color-code for the black pieces on your bike is 739 (Metallic Flat Sparkle Black). This should help you find the correct part number if you order from Kawasaki. However, some of the black pieces (like the front fender) are available only for Canadian models. Also, you will find that Kaw wants ridiculous prices for these parts - it would probably be cheaper to take your original pieces to a local paint shop. Hope this helps.
Thanks very much. I was able to source the rear through ebay, front cowling through Partzilla (though only the gray color as they didn't make a black 14093-0740 in the states) and picked up a Tyga Perfomance front carbon fender.

·
Registered
52 Posts
looks like I'm a little late, here...but I just found a site (saw it mentioned on Revzilla) that sells full aftermarket fairing sets for a lot of bikes.. Auctmart.. I think the full N300 and N400 fairing sets were in the $450 USD range. Not bad if you really want to change up your color scheme.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts