Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 46 (I think). Started riding in 1991 on a fresh-out-of-the-crate Suzuki Bandit 400. Rode it for 11 years and it's still one of my favorites.
Nice to know there was a 59hp 400 produced at one time. Have any stories to tell about riding against the competition?
Sweet ride to say the least, and you rode it 11 years. I posted a thumbnail of a non-US model (I suppose, as it has dual disk upfront)

So my age is the same as the Bandit's claimed hp of 59

My Dad who is 82 went to the Dr recently, asked about what is the cause of his condition, Dr. replied "Birthdays"...:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
We had several 400 Suzukis in NZ. The original GSXR400 (Japanese model that came out before the original GSXR750), the Impulse 400 (more popularly as the 'Repulse'), and the RF400 were the only models that were officially brought by Suzuki NZ. We also had some later model GSXRs and Bandit 400s come in as grey imports. Great little bikes and I'd really like to have one of the original GSXRs in the black and red paint scheme.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
We had several 400 Suzukis in NZ. The original GSXR400 (Japanese model that came out before the original GSXR750), the Impulse 400 (more popularly as the 'Repulse'), and the RF400 were the only models that were officially brought by Suzuki NZ. We also had some later model GSXRs and Bandit 400s come in as grey imports. Great little bikes and I'd really like to have one of the original GSXRs in the black and red paint scheme.
Ah yes, I remember the original GSXR400 well. I lusted after one as a 15 year old back when you looked at things in Magazines rather than on the internet. 59Hp and 152 kg dry was pretty heady specs for a 400cc bike back then, not to mention an aluminium frame. But the bit that really captivated me was the dual headlights - cool! Looking at it today it looks a bit dated obviously but it was cutting edge back then.

It wasn't until three years ago that I finally got to own and ride a GSXR400. It was a '94 model (one of the last) with upside down forks and had been turned into a track bike. I was addicted to the howl of the 4 into 1 from the first moment and winding a motorcycle engine out to 15K RPM was a real hoot. Unfortunately as a Formula 3 race bike it was a bit slow and although I enjoyed cutting my teeth on it in my first season of licenced racing it had to go in the interest of faster lap times.

Pics below of my bike and the original black and red model.:
14876536_331165157242200_7275233569872680259_o.jpg

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts