Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Year around. Maybe a good riding day, but mostly because the insurance companies (or at least mine) have caught on and now issue annual policies.

Registered
Year round. What if something happens to it in storage/garage etc....? I start mine every couple of weeks and let it run for a few minutes. Too cold to ride but easier than winterizing. Voltage is good, if it is ever low, just put the tender on between start ups.

Registered
馃悏 You folks in the Great White North do this for the winter months, eh? I keep policy active year round cause we get scattered riding days through the winter months.
Unfortunately, no. It works for cars but not for motorcycles because they are considered a seasonal vehicle, so it's all calculated in the price. At least this is the case here in Quebec.

Registered
2023 Z400
I do year round as well, my rate is $46 a month for full coverage and I鈥檓 actually on a permit so it鈥檚 cheap for me. I highly doubt I鈥檇 save a ton by dropping coverage for a few months.

Registered
I do year round as well, my rate is $46 a month for full coverage and I鈥檓 actually on a permit so it鈥檚 cheap for me. I highly doubt I鈥檇 save a ton by dropping coverage for a few months.
Ouch! Why so much? I use Progressive and pay about half that amt. I went with the higher amounts and towing. My insurance company I use for house, car, etc....wanted double the amount, more like what you are paying.

Registered
2019 Ninja 400 ABS in Candy Persimmon Red
With allstate my rates drop down to $18 per month for full coverage in the winter and goes back up in March. Keep insurance on it in the winter months just in case something did happen to it in storage.
Allstate is allowing that again? I used to have that option, but then Allstate stopped permitting it. So (among other reasons, e.g. tired of not-insignificant annual price increases) I went to another insurance company, who allowed me to do it for a year or two...then they stopped offering that option as well. Annual policies only, and they claim the pricing has been averaged over the year to account for a four-, five-month hiatus during the winter. I sincerely doubt that's true, but, eh, it is what it is.

Registered
Ninja 400 ABS 2019
Allstate is allowing that again? I used to have that option, but then Allstate stopped permitting it. So (among other reasons, e.g. tired of not-insignificant annual price increases) I went to another insurance company, who allowed me to do it for a year or two...then they stopped offering that option as well. Annual policies only, and they claim the pricing has been averaged over the year to account for a four-, five-month hiatus during the winter. I sincerely doubt that's true, but, eh, it is what it is.
I've only been on Allstate since last year. Live in Minnesota so maybe it's different for ever state.

Registered
2023 Z400
Ouch! Why so much? I use Progressive and pay about half that amt. I went with the higher amounts and towing. My insurance company I use for house, car, etc....wanted double the amount, more like what you are paying.
Yeah seemed a little high but I鈥檝e only been riding for 3 months and only on a permit. Of course when I get insurance quotes I鈥檓 asked all this info and it pretty much destroys my rates鈥.progressive was like 2,000 a year for me so thats a no go. I suspect once I get my license and take the course it will help. Ironically when I got the bike, my insurance provider( State Farm) didnt ask me any of these questions so I鈥檓 gonna Suck it up for now. Other than that my insurance rates are very well, I鈥檝e been told a few times my insurance score rating is very high ( like a credit score) so I guess it鈥檚 just the bike really. I have it bundled with 3 cars, a house, two life insurance polices and disability insurance.

Registered
Yeah seemed a little high but I鈥檝e only been riding for 3 months and only on a permit. Of course when I get insurance quotes I鈥檓 asked all this info and it pretty much destroys my rates鈥.progressive was like 2,000 a year for me so thats a no go. I suspect once I get my license and take the course it will help. Ironically when I got the bike, my insurance provider( State Farm) didnt ask me any of these questions so I鈥檓 gonna Suck it up for now. Other than that my insurance rates are very well, I鈥檝e been told a few times my insurance score rating is very high ( like a credit score) so I guess it鈥檚 just the bike really. I have it bundled with 3 cars, a house, two life insurance polices and disability insurance.
Oh, I bet it will be a diff rate once you have the class and get your license. Strange tho....I bought the bike in April, did the insurance ONLINE once I knew the VIN. Online didn't even ask if I had a motorcycle license. I did talk to someone about the class and I did get a small break, not much, on the insurance. That wasn't til after I finished the class and sent them proof of taking it.
Other question is, your age. I'm an old goat so the class counted as my testing requirements both written and riding in IL. Well, hopefully you can get better prices in the near future once you obtain your license. Wish you the best, ins. is definitely a rip off but a necessary evil.

Registered
Rates are also affected by age and claim history. Some insurers also rate by model, some by cc. Shopping around may be a good idea.

Registered
2023 Z400
Oh, I bet it will be a diff rate once you have the class and get your license. Strange tho....I bought the bike in April, did the insurance ONLINE once I knew the VIN. Online didn't even ask if I had a motorcycle license. I did talk to someone about the class and I did get a small break, not much, on the insurance. That wasn't til after I finished the class and sent them proof of taking it.
Other question is, your age. I'm an old goat so the class counted as my testing requirements both written and riding in IL. Well, hopefully you can get better prices in the near future once you obtain your license. Wish you the best, ins. is definitely a rip off but a necessary evil.
I was never asked if I even had my permit, when I bought the bike I didn鈥檛 have anything lol so yeah kind of odd. I am 31 and yeah insurance is a rip off but it did help me with my house when we had a major hail storm. Pros and cons for sure

1 - 18 of 18 Posts