Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang- anyone recommend a solution to this specific request:

I want to be able to switch out the stock tail section for better ergos on the track. But as of now- I still need to be able to switch back to the stock tail section for street rides.

While I predict converting this bike to 100% track duty in the future, I'd love an option to allow better movement (back and side/side) in the meantime.

P

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use the armor bodies removable superbike seat. It provides a nice height increase for a taller rider and would resolve your street/track swap problem.

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
682 Posts
you can see what the pros are using and some tails require cutting so be aware of that ! my locomoto stuff is really nice and no cutting required. in street form i have no issues moving around on the bike,it's not a SS or SBK so you just have to adpt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use the armor bodies removable superbike seat. It provides a nice height increase for a taller rider and would resolve your street/track swap problem.
Just decided on this. I am still a touch worried about the stock pillion seat continuing to cramp the ability to slip back, but this is the easiest solution. Thanks. I had to look again, as I originally passed by this option because I didn't think it would work with the stock tail section.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can see what the pros are using and some tails require cutting so be aware of that ! my locomoto stuff is really nice and no cutting required. in street form i have no issues moving around on the bike,it's not a SS or SBK so you just have to adpt
Yeah- I didn't want to do much, if any fabricating:)

The Spears/Lacomoto stuff is on back order (and requires other parts besides the tail section alone to mount) so I went with the Armour Bodies Superbike seat. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts