Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
681 Posts
80mm on the stock fork internals. I was looking for a bit more bottoming resistance, 88mm +/- 2mm is stock. The chatter may have been from the oil wt?
Andreani's are 150mm of Ohlins 5wt, and recommended service interval is 10 hours I think?

· Registered
541 Posts
80mm on the stock fork internals. I was looking for a bit more bottoming resistance, 88mm +/- 2mm is stock. The chatter may have been from the oil wt?
Andreani's are 150mm of Ohlins 5wt, and recommended service interval is 10 hours I think?
Hm potentially, but 15w isn't too heavy and reducing the level helped dramatically so I'm more inclined to say it was the higher fluid level.
Jesus 10 hour service interval? I'll probably service it once every 2 years or so (moreso to switch to a different spring and oil weight). I'm a lazy POS and a very casual track rider.

· Registered
681 Posts
Hm potentially, but 15w isn't too heavy and reducing the level helped dramatically so I'm more inclined to say it was the higher fluid level.
Jesus 10 hour service interval? I'll probably service it once every 2 years or so (moreso to switch to a different spring and oil weight). I'm a lazy POS and a very casual track rider.
I have been a casual track rider until this point, too.
I installed the Andreani's before I needed to, IMHO.
It took me 4 or 5 track weekends to learn the feel of loading the tires with cornering force. etc.
I know I need some more spring up front now, and just need to install them. I bottomed the 8.5 set up on my last track day.
I knew when it happened because it pushed the front for a bit in turn 1 at Jennings, and I looked at the zip tie on my front fork after the session.
My stock GSXR shock was initially better than I was, but it it has come into it's own recently.
I have to push it to make it work properly.
I am bumping the front springs to 9.0 before I go back to any track. YMMV.

· Registered
140 Posts
I skimmed, so it may have been mentioned, but if you're replacing the right side rearset, think about the Spears double sided swing arm pivot bolt. This allows you to replace a bent right side peg frame without taking out the bolt at the track.

• Helpful
Reactions: misnblu
41 - 46 of 46 Posts