Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Since I wear prescription glasses, I purchased a transition shield to use with my Shoei rf1200. Never have to worry about swapping shields .

I was gonna get a bell since they come with a transition shield but they dont work for glasses... at least not when I tried and same issue with my buddies bell helmet..

What kind of helmet do you wear?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am considering buying a helmet with an internal sun visor (HJC C70). It will be for track use only and I'm somewhat concerned about the vision. Has anyone noticed any distortion using one? (hoping I'm not thread jacking)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't noticed any distortion with mine, but you might want to confirm with the groups you plan to run with that it is allowed. IIRC some may not.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sunglasses in the Helmet, I don't leave the house without my signiture Maui Jim sunglasees.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Question for those with photo chromatic visors: how do you like them? How good are they in sun, especially rising / setting sun? Also, how are they at night? Night and rain?

I am considering buying one (if it fits my helmet - otherwise it will be a dark visor for the day and clear for night). Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Question for those with photo chromatic visors: how do you like them? How good are they in sun, especially rising / setting sun? Also, how are they at night? Night and rain?

I am considering buying one (if it fits my helmet - otherwise it will be a dark visor for the day and clear for night). Thanks in advance!
I have the Shoei CWR-1 on my X-14’s. Love them. They’re great in the sun (rising, setting, whenever) and clear at night. I haven’t ridden in rain with them, but I’m sure they’re just as good when wet. I don’t plan to ever go back to tinted face shields or sunglasses inside my helmets.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! I will check if I can get such a visor for my helmet. The days are getting shorter and ride in different condition during the same trip.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Perscription glasses here. Seldom ride at night (not once on this Z400), I use a tinted shield which works well. There are times while riding in dark shadowy forest that I'll flip it up, usually on slow twisty roads.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wanted a helmet with drop down sun visor too. But when I bought the bike, the only helmet that fitted me and wasn't outside the price range, was a full face with only a visor. Since the pandemics it is hard to try on helmets so I don't want to buy something that I may not be able to return.

I emailed Zox (the company that makes my helmet) and I can buy a dark visor. I have prescription glasses too, there are 2 reasons I ride with visor on (or slightly open):
- The law requires eye protection and prescription glasses are not considered eye protection (I just got my probatory license, which means maximum 4 merit points that I can afford to lose);
- While riding, I got a couple of pebbles that my helmet deflected and I don't want to take the chance that one hits my face. Not only will it hurt but it will make me uglier so not sure that my gf will let me in the house anymore. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wasn't there a saying that 'chicks dig scars'? Yes it's definitely best to try on any helmet before you buy. So far Scorpion and Shark helmets seem to fit me best.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wasn't there a saying that 'chicks dig scars'? Yes it's definitely best to try on any helmet before you buy. So far Scorpion and Shark helmets seem to fit me best.
That's a myth. Almost everytime I got home with injuries, I expected sympathy and love but I got "You got yourself into this willingly" treatment.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sounds normal. Around my house... after 36 years of tolerating each other.... if you're not a young toddler or a puppy.. you're on your own... No excuses, No comfort. I understand it gets better after death... but I'm doubtful. :cautious:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts