Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
The only thing I do sometimes when riding that might be considered a little bit strange is check my shoelaces are nowhere near the chain etc, I look down atleast a few times during a ride. It stems from years ago when a fellow biker noticed my shoelaces were undone when I was riding and he told me about them and warned me the dangers of getting them tangled up in the chain. Stuck with me ever since.
A friend once hooked the loop of his boot laces around the peg. Fortunately, he realized this and was able to shift his weight to the other foot when he stopped. Now, if I wind up riding with laced footwear, I double knot the loops so they're too short to catch on anything.

·
Registered
72 Posts
A friend once hooked the loop of his boot laces around the peg. Fortunately, he realized this and was able to shift his weight to the other foot when he stopped. Now, if I wind up riding with laced footwear, I double knot the loops so they're too short to catch on anything.
The riding boots I got had super long laces, enough for two pair of boots. I swapped them out for shorter laces and tuck what loops I have down in my boot. Knock on wood, worked so far.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Similar experience once on a rural highway, only I pulled over immediately and took the stinger out.

For both of us, I suspect the bee was flying forward and we rode into its stinger.
Yeah, they were probably pissed to lose the race, also. Sore losers!

The only thing I do sometimes when riding that might be considered a little bit strange is check my shoelaces are nowhere near the chain etc, I look down atleast a few times during a ride. It stems from years ago when a fellow biker noticed my shoelaces were undone when I was riding and he told me about them and warned me the dangers of getting them tangled up in the chain. Stuck with me ever since.
Totally understandable. I avoid buying motorcycle boots with laces for this very reason. But if I do have to ride with laces, I do like Baxter and double or triple knot the laces and even then try to put them out of reach. My mechanical shop teacher left a lasting impression about what loose clothes and hair can do in a shop with high speed spinning tool and I automatically saw how this applies to motorcycling as well.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts