Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
3,594 Posts
Nothing worse than going to flick a mark off the visor, and smearing the remains of a fly right in your line of sight.
I've had worse. I was riding around once and all of a sudden saw a spider crawling on my visor. I tried to flick it off with my hand and it was at that moment I realized the spider was INSIDE the helmet! I don't think I've ever gone from 50 mph to stationary and helmet off quicker than that time! lol

·
Director of Moderation
3,594 Posts
I’ve had bees fly into my helmet more than once when the visor was open. Not fun. But still less scary than @sbk1198 spider story! 😱
I got stung by a bee on my arm, just above the elbow while going 70-75 on the interstate. I was wearing just a T-shirt then and heading to work. I felt the sting and the whole bee hitting my arm but didn't think much of it at first. After about 5 minutes I was thinking "this actually kinda hurts now". Then by the time I got to work there was a swollen red spot on my arm about 2 inches in diameter, and it kept getting worse, plus it was fairly painful. I still don't know what kind of bee flies around butt first that it can sting me while I'm going 70+ mph!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Speaking of screeching to a stop and bailing off...

My first bike was a Honda 90 that Dad bought for me. After graduating from High School (at 17) I had a job stocking at a variety store and the bike was my only transportation. Being 17, I was 6 feet tall and bulletproof and wanted everyone to know what a badass I was, so I smoked cigars. Cigarettes were for sissies.

If smoking a cigar was cool then smoking one while riding a motorcycle was awesome! While that little Honda wasn't very fast, it WAS fast enough to blow the cherry off the end of that cigar and down my shirt.

I slid to a stop (gravel road) and just dropped that Honda like a kid with a bicycle as I bailed off and hauled my shirt up to get that thing off me! It had rolled down my chest and lodged just above my belt.

Also took a June bug to the throat at speed once. That'll make yer eyes water...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got stung by a bee on my arm, just above the elbow while going 70-75 on the interstate. I was wearing just a T-shirt then and heading to work. I felt the sting and the whole bee hitting my arm but didn't think much of it at first. After about 5 minutes I was thinking "this actually kinda hurts now". Then by the time I got to work there was a swollen red spot on my arm about 2 inches in diameter, and it kept getting worse, plus it was fairly painful. I still don't know what kind of bee flies around butt first that it can sting me while I'm going 70+ mph!
A bum blebee?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I
Speaking of screeching to a stop and bailing off...

My first bike was a Honda 90 that Dad bought for me. After graduating from High School (at 17) I had a job stocking at a variety store and the bike was my only transportation. Being 17, I was 6 feet tall and bulletproof and wanted everyone to know what a badass I was, so I smoked cigars. Cigarettes were for sissies.

If smoking a cigar was cool then smoking one while riding a motorcycle was awesome! While that little Honda wasn't very fast, it WAS fast enough to blow the cherry off the end of that cigar and down my shirt.

I slid to a stop (gravel road) and just dropped that Honda like a kid with a bicycle as I bailed off and hauled my shirt up to get that thing off me! It had rolled down my chest and lodged just above my belt.
Etting
Also took a June bug to the throat at speed once. That'll make yer eyes water...
I also got hit by a June bug once. A memorable experience. Like getting hit with a marble @ 60mph
🐉

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only thing I do sometimes when riding that might be considered a little bit strange is check my shoelaces are nowhere near the chain etc, I look down atleast a few times during a ride. It stems from years ago when a fellow biker noticed my shoelaces were undone when I was riding and he told me about them and warned me the dangers of getting them tangled up in the chain. Stuck with me ever since.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Similar experience once on a rural highway, only I pulled over immediately and took the stinger out.

For both of us, I suspect the bee was flying forward and we rode into its stinger.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts