Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some opinions, thinking of removing all the stickers from the 400 and made a mock up image so you guys can compare, which do you think looks better?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thinking of just leaving the "ninja" sticker on the gas tank?
Isn't the 'Ninja' on the Tank under clear coat?

When I brought my last new Ninja home I removed every sticker I could and painted the bright exhaust parts black on the second day I had it. I'm sure I won't wait that long when I get my Black 400 home!

I think the Black bikes look better the more blacked out they are. I'm thinking of blacking out the Silver part between the tank and the faring...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not trying hijack the thread but anyone realize how plain the bike looks if your behind it. I feel like the back end piece from the tail light needs a nice sized sticker.. especially on the grey abs version! The other stickers can go ?

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I dont think this bike is over-stickered compared to some. The only sticker I think is over blown is the big 400 one on the KRT.
Some like the black out look but I like a bit of contrast myself. For that reason I chose a stainless steel slip on instead of a carbon fiber one.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The black Ninja 400 is already quite minimally stickered. The non-black items give it more of a 3D perspective. If it were up to me, I would even give it some lime green highlights (such as the ZX-10R SE, for example). But that's just me.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The black Ninja 400 is already quite minimally stickered. The non-black items give it more of a 3D perspective. If it were up to me, I would even give it some lime green highlights (such as the ZX-10R SE, for example). But that's just me.

Yeah, that's exactly how my Ninja 1000 is. It is black with Candy Lime Green 'Ninja' on the tank, and it's remote rear preload adjuster, and fork caps are anodized green. I've added a few more green bits and it looks great.

I'll probably do the same with the 400, but sticking with Candy Lime Green for my accents. That way they can look like Mommy and Baby!

·
Registered
656 Posts
The tank one is clear coated.... I hate sticker too but this 400 isn't over done, if your not changin colors I'd just leave them, it has more appeal if you ever sell it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Need some opinions, thinking of removing all the stickers from the 400 and made a mock up image so you guys can compare, which do you think looks better?

Bottom one is better.

The small "400" sticker in back is tasteful and could either stay or go. The "Ninja" sticker on the tank would be better removed, but it's not worth removing if a lot of effort (e.g. paint with clear coat) is required. The "Kawasaki" at the bottom is not visually appealing.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bottom one is better.

The small "400" sticker in back is tasteful and could either stay or go. The "Ninja" sticker on the tank would be better removed, but it's not worth removing if a lot of effort (e.g. paint with clear coat) is required. The "Kawasaki" at the bottom is not visually appealing.
Everything you said is exactly how I feel, imo the ninja on the fuel tank is just ugly on the 400 but not as bad as the bottom "Kawasaki" decal, might figure out a way to maybe make custom tank pads that cover the ninja logo on the tank, either way thanks for the input

1 - 11 of 11 Posts