Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think mounting kit will be made for Ninja 400, to mount Ohlin or Matris steering damper?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
From my experience with the bike so far I dont feel it needs a steering damper personally. I've had way worse head shakers than this bike. I dont know if you noticed but when new the rear axle is way forward in the swing arm slot.
When I changed my gearing recently and dropped three teeth off the rear sprocket it moved the axle back further thus increasing the wheel base and making the bike even more stable. You could achieve the same thing with standard gearing by by fitting a longer chain.

Sorry, I know none of that answers your question about the mount. :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Do you think mounting kit will be made for Ninja 400, to mount Ohlin or Matris steering damper?
When I was at the race track one of my friends already has an Ohlins installed on his 400. I know he raced the N300 last year so I would imagine he used it as a donor from his N300. I would have to agree with @Kiwi Rider the bike really doesn't need one. However if you feel you need one now look at the N300 as an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts