Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Woodcraft is sold out but it did tell me its due to Corona virus.

Maybe its all on hold for a while.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Center Lift Stand

Nobody seems to want a center stand. They may be more expensive, initially, but you don't need spools (less weight). On ebay they run from $225 to $600. They need an adapter that isn't for sale yet, but they do fit the Ninja 300, so it will be available. I'm making my own out of a crank square trailer jack I bid $25 for and $15 worth of squared steel tubes I need to weld up. With the use of a strap the bike can be tilted forward or back.
Shoot me pic's when you are done...this will be what I do as well and likely have the box section the garage already.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you pull the rear wheel stick some boards under the tire to fill the tire/ground gap as much as possible so that when you put it back in you've only got a short lift to get it in place while you juggle with the axle. There's no sense in lifting a heavy bit of tire/wheel any more than you have to.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
With the Venom's are you able to remove the tires easy enough? I have seen people complain about them
OMG, I am soooo sorry.
I totally missed all your replies until now................I feel horrible..........

Did you get it sorted out?

Again sorry, I could have saved you some trouble :(

If not, let me answer a few questions.
Its not too bad to get the tires off, I had no issues with clearance on the SV, if I remember right, the Ninja 400 there is a very slight issue, but I have seen it even with other stands and some of the bikes with the front fender really hugs the tire.

All I do is turn it slightly at angle and swing it out to clear the fender and stand at an angle, no issues (which has to be done to clear the caliper, if you do not remove the caliper)

Now regarding the pin, yes, I bought a set that had a 21mm pin in it, an extra set cause I think it comes with 17, 19 and a few others, so I bought a set that seems to be hard to find now with a 21mm in it, had a 23mm and some others, I cannot remember exactly and when I try to find them, they do not exist anywhere now.

Lol.......nevermind looks like Amazon has them and with prime, doh

PINS

Even though it appears to be more a 22mm, the 21 fit and 23 did not. So I put some duct tape on the 21 and it was too tight, I had to remove all the duct tape to get it to fit again, one peice almost all the way around it was even still tight enough I had to wiggle and push to get it in there, so 21 is the right one

Again, sorry about my super late response..........I guess better late than never?? 😟

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If you pull the rear wheel stick some boards under the tire to fill the tire/ground gap as much as possible so that when you put it back in you've only got a short lift to get it in place while you juggle with the axle. There's no sense in lifting a heavy bit of tire/wheel any more than you have to.
Yep, this is a great idea, and what I do and had done for years, works great...I even had a 2x4 with a wedge screwed to the top of it to allow me to slide it under the tire and walk it towards the bike while moving it up and into the right spot to slide the axle in, without having to hold it with one hand.
I want to say I let someone borrow it........or maybe the dog grabbed it, carried it off somewhere and chewed it up.

The garage is his domain, and he likes to pick up 2x4's and stuff and run off with it and go find a spot to lay out and chew on it...well gnaw on it, because he knows he is not suppose to really chew on anything, he leaves everything else alone, but since I occasionally give him sticks, logs, large tree branches, stumps or old 2x4 pieces to chew on, its kind of my fault............you should see him running around the yard with a 4 foot stick hanging out of his mouth, his head turned at a 45 degree angle so he can run with it and clear the ground........lol

Or his 2 smaller tree stumps he has kept around for years. they are about the size of a basketball, with some roots sticking out at all ends...makes it hard to grab in his mouth, he can barely hang onto it while he plays keep away with me......

Anyway....I may just make another one............. :)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Have you tried offer up or you looking for a new stand?
For sure, check Facebook Marketplace, Offer Up, Let Go, etc. I bought one off Craigslist several years ago(when people still used it) and one off of Let Go I think it was............it might take a bit, but just keep looking and good deals can still be found.......although rare and they go quick.........they will come

·
Registered
100 Posts
For sure, check Facebook Marketplace, Offer Up, Let Go, etc. I bought one off Craigslist several years ago(when people still used it) and one off of Let Go I think it was............it might take a bit, but just keep looking and good deals can still be found.......although rare and they go quick.........they will come
there are a few listings for pitbul rear stands for about $140. I was looking for new because i'd rather have new for another $10 and not have to drive too far.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll keep on eye on the private party seller websites and see what comes up soon. The lazy part of my just wanted to go to revzilla click buy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yep, this is a great idea, and what I do and had done for years, works great...I even had a 2x4 with a wedge screwed to the top of it to allow me to slide it under the tire and walk it towards the bike while moving it up and into the right spot to slide the axle in, without having to hold it with one hand.
A shallow wedge sounds like an excellent idea to me, I'll have to keep that in mind.

·
Registered
477 Posts
A shallow wedge sounds like an excellent idea to me, I'll have to keep that in mind.
PitBull makes this tire wedge for that very purpose. Not cheap, but mine stores hanging on the wall with one of my stands so I always know where it is and the height is adjustable so you can always have the right height.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
PitBull makes this tire wedge for that very purpose. Not cheap, but mine stores hanging on the wall with one of my stands so I always know where it is and the height is adjustable so you can always have the right height.
Yep I have seen them, and actually had the luxury of using one, one time at a track day.....I could not find mine(I think I had forget it at home) and someone offered theirs to me to borrow...and I did not even have to ask

41 - 60 of 62 Posts