Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so a few weeks ago I purchased what I though was a 140cca 12v lithium battery from thebatterystore_au on ebay which are the actual manufacture themselves. anyway about 2 weeks past after I purchased and the battery arrived, when I first opened it up I was very happy as it was really light "around 0.4kgs" but after taking a closer look I relised it was actually only a 120cca battery, so I check my order and sure enough I ordered the 120cca by mistake "or so I thought.." I contact the seller if there is anyway he can swap this one for the 140cca, he responds and says "we dont make the 140cca anymore now we do a 150cca but we can still do the swap" so I send the 120cca back, after about 10 days I receive a package, I open it up and would you believe it I receive another 120cca battery, I contact the seller he responds "a 150cca is on its way" so I respond again not knowing if he relises that I just got a second 120cca and he responds rudely "can you read? a 150cca is on its way". another week pass's and I receive another package. I open it up and sure enough its the 150cca battery "finally" I got to test the voltage as I always do before applying it to the actual bike and believe this its running at 9v ... I even took a photo as proof, the battery smells of acetone, I hook it up to a lithium smart charger and it charges to 12.5v but as soon as I take the charger of within 10 minutes it drops back to 9v so I contact the seller again and he replies jokingly

"Comedy of errors. I give up time to sack some people" so I say

"mate I cannot afford to keep posting you batteries back, its 14$ per battery and this would make 3 returns equalling in 40$ do you test the batteries? are you the manufacture?" he responds with

"no we are the manufacturer..this should not happen....you do not need to charge these tho a lithium charger...they are tested at the factory but all i can say is you recorded the best stuff up and circumstances that even murphys law would not believe..."

So I go through ebay returns and sure enough he accepts and ebay sends me a return address, but thats when I notice...under ebays return it clearly states under product name "140cca lithium battery" so either they changed the name after I purchased the product or something went weird ...

So all in all DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS, batteries suck, support is no good and im out 40$ with nothing to gain and a lot of time lost, here is the link to the seller so you know to stay away from them

https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/thebatterystore_au?ul_noapp=true

·
Registered
19 Posts
there are some really good lithium iron batteries available for the 400.i would stay with a name brand like Ballistic or Shorai.i have a Shorai in one of my ZX6R's that is six years old.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are some really good lithium iron batteries available for the 400.i would stay with a name brand like Ballistic or Shorai.i have a Shorai in one of my ZX6R's that is six years old.
any links for a battery under 150$??

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
any links for a battery under 150$??
Mate, I remember trying to steer you towards the Shorai. I'm all for modding on a budget but some high wear/load items like batteries you can't afford to go cheap on. End of Dad speech :smile_big:

Here's a link to the (hassle free) seller I used that has the best price on ebay.
$184 AUD.

Edit: The LFX-12 works fine. 155CCA

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mate, I remember trying to steer you towards the Shorai. I'm all for modding on a budget but some high wear/load items like batteries you can't afford to go cheap on. End of Dad speech :smile_big:

Here's a link to the (hassle free) seller I used that has the best price on ebay.
$184 AUD.

Edit: The LFX-12 works fine. 155CCA
I think its more due to my luck rather than the product, as the 120cca was fine i just wanted a little more, and 200$ for a battery is like a kick to the sack haha, will skip the battery for now and wait for the akro headers to release :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts