Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

Registered
Let me add I've already ordered another one. I went to STG and got a steel 43 520 Driven sprocket for the N400. I have a Z. Guessing its the same?

Registered
Absolutely will fit. Well look at it this way, you'll have time to get your rear wheel area, shock, swingarm, etc. real clean.

馃悏

Registered
Thanks for the peace of mind! Yeah... when I went through amazon I was kinda iffy about it. I paid like 30 bucks to have this new one sent next day lol. Done watching TV and watching the mailbox

Registered
You can put your bike in your Amazon Garage and it will guide you to the correct parts. They have a few parts for the Z like I also have, but I use a Ninja as a garage bike because they list a lot more parts. Same bike. Cosmetics. Oh, there is also a Ninja in my garage now!
馃悏

Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z400
I was interested in going 13 tooth front with 43 tooth rear, which notor-motorsports website shows works with a 106 link chain? Is this incorrect?

Also I did not realise changing your sprockets can cause a gear position sensor issue? I absolutely do not want to deal with that. I would rather my bike left stock where possible and remain with factory safety. Is there a specific combination of sprocket sizes that do not cause gear position sensor issues? Or is it kind of like a lucky dip and some bikes are fine and others are not?

I am a 75% comute rider and when I am being a bit more cheeky its still on very twisty lower speed roads, i almost never do highway trips or speeds over 120ishKPH (75mph), So i am very keen to gain some more acceleration at the expense of the top speed i dont use, but i do NOT want to cause any ecu errors or have to lose/jerry rig safety features.

Registered
Update. Life sucks lol. I made a bad move. A few site were sold out of the vortex sprocket I wanted so I went to Amazon and ordered a 43 tooth Vortex with six bolt pattern... only to find out after cutting off the chain thinking all was good it wasn't. It doesn't fit smh. I guess me being new this is what I get. How do you guys know for sure its going to fit?
Which part is wrong, the sprocket or the chain?

Registered
The first sprocket i ordered was wrong. The bolt pattern to the wheel is off a hair. My chain is good Rk chain 108 links Xring rivit style. Tracy said I should be good with this 2nd sprocket coming.Its a Driven 43 tooth from STG that's tech listed for a N400 even though I have a Z400.

Registered
I was interested in going 13 tooth front with 43 tooth rear, which notor-motorsports website shows works with a 106 link chain? Is this incorrect?

Also I did not realise changing your sprockets can cause a gear position sensor issue? I absolutely do not want to deal with that. I would rather my bike left stock where possible and remain with factory safety. Is there a specific combination of sprocket sizes that do not cause gear position sensor issues? Or is it kind of like a lucky dip and some bikes are fine and others are not?

I am a 75% comute rider and when I am being a bit more cheeky its still on very twisty lower speed roads, i almost never do highway trips or speeds over 120ishKPH (75mph), So i am very keen to gain some more acceleration at the expense of the top speed i dont use, but i do NOT want to cause any ecu errors or have to lose/jerry rig safety features.

[/QUOTE

Registered
ADM89 so I believe either plus 1 or minus 1 in front will will throw a code. As far as rear you can change 1 tooth and keep the 106 or change 2 teeth and still not throw a code BUT will need to up the chain to 108 links. I hear it makes a big difference so thats what I'm doing currently 馃弽

Registered
Less than 7% change in your gearing you are good. More than 7%- joss of gear position indicator and check engine light
馃悏

Registered
Kawi wowi green. Haha l love it! Reminds of something from the 70's except it was Maui wowi green
馃悏
Edit. Yeah, I'm that old, and the modding has begun.

Registered
Guys I need advice. The bikes is fully assembled and ready to go, except one thing. I decided go a bit too far riveting... I made hairline split in one of the rivets. Thoughts? Is it safe? I would think its still better than a C clip... should I ride for a week until I order a new one and redo it?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts