Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I recently had to CANCEL an order with them for the exact reason D-HEAD just mentioned. $600 worth of my order was "in stock ready to ship," meanwhile $85 had a "1-2 day lead time." They notified me 3 business days later that my expected ship day was still two days away, meaning overall I was going to end up waiting nearly 2 weeks for my stuff to get to san diego.

Long story short I cancelled the order, got REVZILLA to price match the STG part, split the shipment, and literally had my slip on exhaust less than 24hrs later. Still waiting on the woodcraft parts that had a lead time, but I've basically had my slip on all week, instead of getting it sometime next week. If you live on the west coast keep in mind zilla's LV warehouse could mean 24hr shipping!!

I'm pretty sure things would have transpired differently had I told STG I wanted the order split in the beginning, rather than after they already had my money, but I'm not convinced it would have gone smoothly. I got the impression they would have tried to charge me shipping for the small lead-time bits, or said that they couldn't split this particular order for some bogus reason. And keep in mind part of the original problem was that it took 3 business days to get an email regarding the shipment.

I also noticed that when you ask product questions at STG they very blatantly push particular products, and I don't think it's with the consumers best interest in mind...ie the guy who claimed Shorai batteries are garbage and he's only sold 3 of them in 5 years and would instead go with their special brand...there's pretty obviously something going on there, given that Shorai is a very well respected brand.

Really i think shopping at STG comes down to two things, a) you want to buy something rad from RS Taichi like my race suit that's survived 10+ slides and you can't get it anywhere else, or b) in order to support a family owned business (STG) you are willing to take a shorter end of the stick than you likely would with other "more polished" retail options.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I recently had to CANCEL an order with them for the exact reason D-HEAD just mentioned. $600 worth of my order was "in stock ready to ship," meanwhile $85 had a "1-2 day lead time." They notified me 3 business days later that my expected ship day was still two days away, meaning overall I was going to end up waiting nearly 2 weeks for my stuff to get to san diego.

Long story short I cancelled the order, got REVZILLA to price match the STG part, split the shipment, and literally had my slip on exhaust less than 24hrs later. Still waiting on the woodcraft parts that had a lead time, but I've basically had my slip on all week, instead of getting it sometime next week. If you live on the west coast keep in mind zilla's LV warehouse could mean 24hr shipping!!

I'm pretty sure things would have transpired differently had I told STG I wanted the order split in the beginning, rather than after they already had my money, but I'm not convinced it would have gone smoothly. I got the impression they would have tried to charge me shipping for the small lead-time bits, or said that they couldn't split this particular order for some bogus reason. And keep in mind part of the original problem was that it took 3 business days to get an email regarding the shipment.

I also noticed that when you ask product questions at STG they very blatantly push particular products, and I don't think it's with the consumers best interest in mind...ie the guy who claimed Shorai batteries are garbage and he's only sold 3 of them in 5 years and would instead go with their special brand...there's pretty obviously something going on there, given that Shorai is a very well respected brand.

Really i think shopping at STG comes down to two things, a) you want to buy something rad from RS Taichi like my race suit that's survived 10+ slides and you can't get it anywhere else, or b) in order to support a family owned business (STG) you are willing to take a shorter end of the stick than you likely would with other "more polished" retail options.
Thanks for the information and the analysis...tbh I thought about ordering my Slip on from them as well as my LED light kit and fender eliminator. I ended up ordering the LED kit and the slipon from two different suppliers, when normally I wouldve just gone with Revzilla (i love them), but the LED kit i wanted, Rev didnt carry and the slipon was found cheaper on 58Cycle as another forum member posted the price. 58Cycle was amazing... great customer service and tbh I'll more than likely start looking at their site first when ordering things from my bike, as I had just that great of an experience.

I want to order from STG because their YT DIY videos are BOMBBB, but the price hasn't been right for me yet..

·
Registered
92 Posts

I've seen this same complaint before on a review site and youtube in the last week. Do you have an axe to grind with STG?

If something you buy is backorderd, then it is the industry practice to delay shipment for that part. And of course if you live in California something shipping from California should be there within 24hrs after you pay and everything is processed. What if you live on the ~95.7% of US land not in California?

Personally, the shipping does take a little longer for STG compared to revzilla, but this is only when my order isnt shipped that hour or day. Revzilla probably has better customer support, just by the fact that they have dozens of people working for them. Yet, STG has more competitive pricing and they stock more relevant products, to me. On top of that, Revzilla's 'zillacash' is nice, but you earn a lot more 'STG cash' for the same item AND that item usually ends up costing less too!?

If all prices are equal then I shop at STG 100% of the time. STG is a better resource and hands down more valuable to the motorcycle community. Are you really going to stand by the fact that STG 'pushes' products as if revzilla doesn't act like a soulless, faceless corporation? Atleast STG makes REAL videos on products AND actually uses those products... more than once. If Brain Van trust his and his sons life on a part he puts on a motorcycle, then I sure as shoot do too. On top of that, Brain answers everything you ask him over the phone or email AND he literally responds to every youtube comment on every single one of his videos...

I shop online at STG, Revzilla and Amazon for motorcycle stuff in that order.

STG has been nothing but great to me. I can't say the same about Revzilla.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I've seen this same complaint before on a review site and youtube in the last week. Do you have an axe to grind with STG?

If something you buy is backorderd, then it is the industry practice to delay shipment for that part. And of course if you live in California something shipping from California should be there within 24hrs after you pay and everything is processed. What if you live on the ~95.7% of US land not in California?

Personally, the shipping does take a little longer for STG compared to revzilla, but this is only when my order isnt shipped that hour or day. Revzilla probably has better customer support, just by the fact that they have dozens of people working for them. Yet, STG has more competitive pricing and they stock more relevant products, to me. On top of that, Revzilla's 'zillacash' is nice, but you earn a lot more 'STG cash' for the same item AND that item usually ends up costing less too!?

If all prices are equal then I shop at STG 100% of the time. STG is a better resource and hands down more valuable to the motorcycle community. Are you really going to stand by the fact that STG 'pushes' products as if revzilla doesn't act like a soulless, faceless corporation? Atleast STG makes REAL videos on products AND actually uses those products... more than once. If Brain Van trust his and his sons life on a part he puts on a motorcycle, then I sure as shoot do too. On top of that, Brain answers everything you ask him over the phone or email AND he literally responds to every youtube comment on every single one of his videos...

I shop online at STG, Revzilla and Amazon for motorcycle stuff in that order.

STG has been nothing but great to me. I can't say the same about Revzilla.
Thanks for this!!! :grin: I actually felt guilty for watching STG's installation video on that slipon and ended up not buying it from them. :plain: I plan to use their installation video on that Yoshi fender eliminator kit...now you've made up my mind for me, I'll be buying it from them <3

I'm glad your buying experience has been awesome...thank you again. :3tens:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Texas, if you're seeing lots of similar criticisms online, it sounds like the issue with their slow shipping and processing must be quite widespread. The only place I've mentioned my shipping issue is on this forum and on STG's own customer satisfaction survey...but I've seen it mentioned here by others, and it's well known in the industry.

And as far as I can tell you re-spoke every single one of my points regarding STG's shortcomings, albeit you likely have more spit on your lip over it. Regardless, what we're both really saying is shopping at STG is basically charity. Why? Because Revzilla will always price match them, and except for the occasions when they stock or have something no one else does, STG is substandard in every other metric. Their handling is slower, their customer support is weaker, their website is less efficient, AND they only have one warehouse instead of two, meaning their shipping times are also much slower to half the country.

That's nice that Van's son has deemed the LeoVince exhaust "childsafe"...my commute goes through a couple school zones.

·
Registered
440 Posts
C'mon guys, let's not kid ourselves here - both Revzilla and STG are in the business of making a profit selling gear. Both have ups and downs, and depending on where you are, what you're buying, and what time of the year, you're going to have issues or successes either way. Both of them have silly videos that are clearly hawking a product and playing to its strengths and ignoring its weaknesses, both have informational videos that benefit us as riders.

As far as I'm concerned, go with whoever has the item you need and can get it to you without hassle, but let's not go down the road of pretending that one is more righteous than the other.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Texas, if you're seeing lots of similar criticisms online, it sounds like the issue with their slow shipping and processing must be quite widespread. The only place I've mentioned my shipping issue is on this forum and on STG's own customer satisfaction survey...but I've seen it mentioned here by others, and it's well known in the industry.

And as far as I can tell you re-spoke every single one of my points regarding STG's shortcomings, albeit you likely have more spit on your lip over it. Regardless, what we're both really saying is shopping at STG is basically charity. Why? Because Revzilla will always price match them, and except for the occasions when they stock or have something no one else does, STG is substandard in every other metric. Their handling is slower, their customer support is weaker, their website is less efficient, AND they only have one warehouse instead of two, meaning their shipping times are also much slower to half the country.

That's nice that Van's son has deemed the LeoVince exhaust "childsafe"...my commute goes through a couple school zones.

‘Similar’ complaints is not the same as your exact complaint 3 times on 3 different places on the Internet.

Shopping at STG is not charity. They have more competive pricing more often and a more gracious ‘whatever cash’ system. Meaning, you get things for cheaper and you get more money towards your next purchase.

I’m sorry you are impatient and forced to cancel an order because you may have to wait an extra day or two for your free shipping. Truly unfortunate.

I’ve spent thousands of dollars on both sites. I prefer STG over Revzilla.

·
Registered
86 Posts
‘Similar’ complaints is not the same as your exact complaint 3 times on 3 different places on the Internet.

Shopping at STG is not charity. They have more competive pricing more often and a more gracious ‘whatever cash’ system. Meaning, you get things for cheaper and you get more money towards your next purchase.

I’m sorry you are impatient and forced to cancel an order because you may have to wait an extra day or two for your free shipping. Truly unfortunate.

I’ve spent thousands of dollars on both sites. I prefer STG over Revzilla.
Texas you should start a thread to review people's reviews of STG, it can be your passion project.

Fast shipping matters to me which is why I mentioned it in my review. I have no clue why that bothers you so much haha. 24hrs versus two weeks is a HUGE delta, living on the west coast I'd have to pay hundreds of dollars in shipping to get my stuff from STG in the same amount of time as i get it free from Zilla, which more than compensates for the fraction of a difference in "whatever money"...in my opinion.

Like I say, feel free to continue reviewing my review, as long as other forum users are aware that they can price match STG at Zilla and get their stuff faster, I'm happy. Not because I care if they pick one over the other (as I use both for different reasons), but because I want forum users to have as much information as possible.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Texas you should start a thread to review people's reviews of STG, it can be your passion project.

Fast shipping matters to me which is why I mentioned it in my review. I have no clue why that bothers you so much haha. 24hrs versus two weeks is a HUGE delta, living on the west coast I'd have to pay hundreds of dollars in shipping to get my stuff from STG in the same amount of time as i get it free from Zilla, which more than compensates for the fraction of a difference in "whatever money"...in my opinion.

Like I say, feel free to continue reviewing my review, as long as other forum users are aware that they can price match STG at Zilla and get their stuff faster, I'm happy. Not because I care if they pick one over the other (as I use both for different reasons), but because I want forum users to have as much information as possible.
I’m just here to defend a valuable memeber of the motorcycle community and the reputation of my favorite motorcycle store.

Especially after seeing the same complaint, virtually word for word, 3 times in 3 different places in the same night... Reviews are reviews, but having no ground to stand on while tearing someone else down(for your own ignorance, ordering backordered products and still expecting overnight shipping for free) is something that will always yield a response from me.

I don’t mean any disrespect. I’m just trying to voice a sober rebuttal.

STG sells track-focused parts, tools and gear that, often, are not even available at Revzilla.

For example: Do you like M4? They make the best slip on for the 400, IMO and you can’t get any M4 products on Revzilla. What about dropping $1500 on new suspension? STG will give you a better deal and give you more credit toward a future purchase AND pre set up the shocks according to your weight and riding style. Furthermore, there are plenty of tiny nifty products, tire warmers, cleaners/chemicals and fluids and wear items that you can’t get or can’t get to the same performance specification as Revzilla.

STG has real world product support and advice and a more generous store credit/rewards system. Free shipping is free shipping and STG shipping has definitely not taken 2 weeks. At the same time, Revzilla shipping takes 3-5 business days (sometimes over 8 days countinf weekends) for me, nothing spectacular... But most importantly Revzilla is a giant, I order from them and TST industries directly too. STG or TST for that matter, just being competitive is better for all of us. Competition is always better for us, the consumer.

Ride safe, John

·
Registered
789 Posts
Stg

I have been buying from STG for years. Tires, helmets, parts etc. They ship super fast, at least here in the US. I have gotten some very good deals from them on sale. I have watched many of their reviews/videos on tires, helmets whatever. The videos on the 400 have been awesome and very informative. :clap:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Their customer service is responsive, and they have been accurate with lead and ship times.
Thanks for the information and the analysis...tbh I thought about ordering my Slip on from them as well as my LED light kit and fender eliminator. I ended up ordering the LED kit and the slipon from two different suppliers, when normally I wouldve just gone with Revzilla (i love them), but the LED kit i wanted, Rev didnt carry and the slipon was found cheaper on 58Cycle as another forum member posted the price. 58Cycle was amazing... great customer service and tbh I'll more than likely start looking at their site first when ordering things from my bike, as I had just that great of an experience.

I want to order from STG because their YT DIY videos are BOMBBB, but the price hasn't been right for me yet..
yes the videos are Great. The shipping is a little slow . I buy from them, and will again!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I got an anti-gravity battery from them just a couple months ago. Originally I ordered a Shorai but STG contacted me to let me know that everything made by shorai is incredibly backordered and they have no tentative arrival date. So they recommended I grab the anti-gravity because they had it in stock. Love STG, I always go to them first when ordering motorcycle stuff online.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think they make great video's.

I emailed them a while back when I was looking for slip on exhaust and other parts but they never replied back so I ordered from revzilla.

I may give them a shot when I'm back on the modding train.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts