Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a set of spools so I can use my Pit Bull rear stand to lift my Z400 for chain and othe rmaintenance. Spools apparently come in at least 8mm and 10mm thread sizes, and also apparently in 1.25 and 1.50 thread pitch!

It looks like the size needed on the Z400 is 8mm, but 8mm spools come in both 1.25 and 1.50 thread pitches. Interestingly, Amazon shows "Z400 spools" in BOTH thread pitches, so obviously some of the ads are wrong.

What is the correct thread for the Z400 spool holes on the swingarm?

Jim G

·
Premium Member
810 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That thread seems to say that 8 millimeter spools only come in ONE thread pitch (since no one ever specifies what thread pitch). So, are some of the "8 millimeter" Amazon ads simply wrong, since some say 1.25 pitch and others say 1.50?

Jim G

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like the 2 different thread sizes for 8mm were indeed just Amazon ad errors. It figures. Sometimes the Amazon ad errors are SO big as to make you laugh. Like the Pirelli front tire ad I found that said the tire's weight was 0.4 lb !

But other times, the errors are smaller, and just enough to mislead you when comparing 2 products.

Jim G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts