Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

As soon as I saw the product, I bought it.

The stock swing arm pivot bolt locks in the right foot-peg mounting plate and requires the removal of the bolt completely to replace a plate that gets bent. Not something fun to attempt at the track if you bin the bike on the right side.

You reuse the OEM nut on the left side, and included in the kit is a castle nut and cotter pin for the right side.

Installation is rather easy, suspend the bike (not by lifting on the swinger), support the swing arm so it isn't drooping (I tied mine up a little with a strap). Then use the new bolt and a rubber mallet with the nut on the end of the bolt and drive out the old. Make sure to coat in waterproof grease before install.

Hanging the bike, tied up the swinger...

Now the change of plates will be equally as easy at the track if needed. I have a spare set in the spares box.

Pushing out the old...

Right side is now threaded...

Reactions: jd41

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I dunno about the need for Ti 😜, but it's easy enough to add a castle nut to the other side I suppose. Some thread is sticking out on that side too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I need to call him and see if they can be made in Ti. ;)
I explored getting Ti axles and pivot made once. As I recall it was like $150 for the round stock in that size each and then you'd need a shop to thread it, and the shop I inquired with said they'd do it, but Ti tears up their machine so the price was high. Axles and pivot total you'd probably be looking at maybe 1.5lbs reduction, which for the price just wasn't worth it to me.

But if you find someone willing to do it for cheaper, I'd be interested in a set!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts