Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was unusually warm, hot even, in the Milwaukee metro today. I was feeling a bit like taking it easy this afternoon because we were at a get together with the sis-in-laws yesterday, which entailed eating about 3 meals worth of food at one sitting, and drinking like we're still in college. I made up for it by riding the Pedal Ninja for a couple of extra miles this morning. That in turn aggravated the worse of my 2 bad knees, the one I crash landed on about a decade ago. So it was obviously a time for Ms. Ninjette Noire to take a leisurely random ride about the area.

We stopped for a pic at a little park along the Milwaukee River in West Bend:

Then we took a few random roads just because. When you get off of the numbered state highways and get on the lettered county highways, the interest for motorcyclists greatly increases:

I also took a pic of the two church steeples as we approached Theresa from the south on 175. Every small town in Wisconsin apparently could afford to build one or two elaborate churches out of stone or brick, where in Iowa and North Dakota (chosen just for my familiarity) the churches would be smaller, plain and with wooden siding::

And here's a pic of some representative scenery:

And about half of the Harley riders waived.

Speaking of Harleys, I returned home via a road with 5 roundabouts in a row. I caught up with a Harley bagger at about the third roundabout, and the rider was doing a great job of keeping a reasonable speed and a good line with his huge beast of a bike. Obviously a real rider, not the owner of a garage queen.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That doesn't look like a big metro city. 馃悏
Yep, the ride was north and northwest of the metro. Most folks in Port Washington and West Bend likely have jobs in those areas, but some commute into the city. The rest of the area that I rode is probably considered not to be in the metro area.

I like that I can get to open areas and ride just a few minutes away if I travel north or west. Before moving here, I'd anticipated having to ride half an hour or more just to escape the traffic.

Registered
Being Harley is built in Wisconsin I have the image of the only motorcycles you would see are Harleys.

Yesterday I was riding up in New Hampshire and saw a Ducati which is rare as almost all the motorcycles are Harleys.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being Harley is built in Wisconsin I have the image of the only motorcycles you would see are Harleys.

Yesterday I was riding up in New Hampshire and saw a Ducati which is rare as almost all the motorcycles are Harleys.
I also thought that the only bikes I'd see would be Harleys before moving here. But there's a fair number of sport bikes, adventure bikes, and dual sports here, in addition to many Harleys. I gassed up in Theresa, a small out of the way town, and a older Honda Hornet and a current model Z650 pulled in as I was leaving. Most supersports seem to live in the city itself. Harley baggers dominate the burbs and countryside.

We do have a Ducati dealer, but sightings in the wild are rare. My Ducati friend hasn't had his Paningale running since I met him about 8 years ago. 馃槩 I try not to ask about it too often. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts