Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have suggestions on the best dealer in south Florida? I'm going to Broward Motorsport in the near future and will report back what I find out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The only time I tried to buy a bike from Broward Motorsports Fort Laud, they made me lose a lot of time.
I wanted to know how much they would take for my N250 as a trade in. I was planning to get a CBR1000RR from them. They didn't tell me on the phone, so I went. They made me wait, a lot. I waited. Basically they wanted me to sit there with an blank check and my N250 title before giving me any number. And they priced the CBR really high so they would have space to go down.
I felt mis treated and I walked.

Another time, I tried to bring in my bike for a service. The person who attended me was a young guy clearly not very well trained. The whole thing looked unorganized to me. He wasn't sure what was needed on the 7500 miles service for the N250. He included some things that the owners manual didn't ask, and the price was very high. I ended up doing some stuff myself and taking the bike to a shop for the valves check.

I haven't come back there since that, which was some years ago. Now they have a new site. Maybe they are doing better.

I friend of mine also had a not perfect experiences there with a service. When he took his S1000RR for a tire change, the tech forgot to torque the caliper mounting bolts. He rode the bike hard before he noticed it. He felt the brake was vibrating so he stopped to take a look. I know because he brought his bike to my house I torqued the caliper for him.

I've heard good things about Riva Motorsports Pompano, but I can't tell for myself. I've only be there to enjoy the showroom.

Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The only time I tried to buy a bike from Broward Motorsports Fort Laud, they made me lose a lot of time.
I wanted to know how much they would take for my N250 as a trade in. I was planning to get a CBR1000RR from them. They didn't tell me on the phone, so I went. They made me wait, a lot. I waited. Basically they wanted me to sit there with an blank check and my N250 title before giving me any number. And they priced the CBR really high so they would have space to go down.
I felt mis treated and I walked.

Another time, I tried to bring in my bike for a service. The person who attended me was a young guy clearly not very well trained. The whole thing looked unorganized to me. He wasn't sure what was needed on the 7500 miles service for the N250. He included some things that the owners manual didn't ask, and the price was very high. I ended up doing some stuff myself and taking the bike to a shop for the valves check.

I haven't come back there since that, which was some years ago. Now they have a new site. Maybe they are doing better.

I friend of mine also had a not perfect experiences there with a service. When he took his S1000RR for a tire change, the tech forgot to torque the caliper mounting bolts. He rode the bike hard before he noticed it. He felt the brake was vibrating so he stopped to take a look. I know because he brought his bike to my house I torqued the caliper for him.

I've heard good things about Riva Motorsports Pompano, but I can't tell for myself. I've only be there to enjoy the showroom.

Good luck.
Thank you very much. I'll give Riva a shot too. They have the same site build as Broward Motorsports so I thought they might be same overall owner. Maybe it was just same site builder. Anyway, Broward had like 7 locations so maybe one of them will offer me a killer deal on a KRT ir a non abs blue.

I love the green but I also want to learn to slide the rear properly (responsibly in private areas) so decisions decisions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts